Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:24 PM   #1
AliClifton
macrumors member

iOS6 Mail bugs: Gmail solution

For anyone still experiencing mail bugs in the ios mail app with gmail I may have a solution.
After trying everything from deleting and reinstating accounts, to reseting iphone network settings to reseting the whole iPhone and playing with googles 2step authentication, it seems the solution is as simple as follows:

Change your email address from user@gmail.com to user@googlemail.com

That's what finally worked for me after trying every other solution, no idea why.

I'm still currently struggling to get one GMX account to work (one other works fine for some reason) and yes even my iCloud email isn't working properly..thanks iOS6!

Please if you have solutions for any other email providers, I suggest you post them here and we may be able to create some sort of solution sticky, after a quick google it would appear that this is no isolated problem.
AliClifton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:27 PM   #2
CTHarrryH
macrumors 6502

I don't have issues but. I assume gmail gets to you what do recipients see. From user@gmail or @googlemail?
CTHarrryH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Bobby.e
macrumors 6502

My personal and work gmail work fine. I have them setup as exchange accounts. I'm on 6.0.1.
Bobby.e is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6