Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:39 PM   #1
jodieforever
macrumors newbie

App Help

I downloaded some apps for my iPod and didn't know how to put them onto my iPod. Anyway, I've spent all night googling it and I've realised that you need to check 'applications' in the general tab.

My problem is that my general tab doesn't have applications?
jodieforever is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:44 PM   #2
iLLUMI
macrumors regular

I believe all you need to do is connect up your iPod to iTunes then simply double click the apps you downloaded and iTunes should automatically install them on the iPod.
iLLUMI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Plutonius
macrumors 601

Did you download the apps to your computer in iTunes and now want to get them on your iPod Touch ?
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:54 PM   #4
jodieforever
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLUMI View Post
I believe all you need to do is connect up your iPod to iTunes then simply double click the apps you downloaded and iTunes should automatically install them on the iPod.
I will try that.

Edit: Nothing happens except for a blue ring highlighting the application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
Did you download the apps to your computer in iTunes and now want to get them on your iPod Touch ?
Yes.

Thank you for replying.
jodieforever is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 05:55 PM   #5
Dorje Sylas
macrumors regular

First check to make sure the Apps are on your computer. Click on the Apps icon under the Library heading. Confirm they are there.

Second confirm that your iPod Touch is compatible with the Apps. Which generation iPod Touch do you have?

ID your iPod if you don't already know: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353

Check to make sure you meet the minimum iOS for the Apps. Click on your iPod under Devices while it is connected, click summery, look at version number.

If all of the above is correct and you meet the requirments for the Apps, click on the Apps tab next to Summery. Check Sync Apps. Check the Apps you wish to add. If you wish see if "Automatically sync new Apps" is check (if not checking this will automatically add news Apps baught through iTunes every time you Sync/Back up your iPod Touch.

Also make sure your iTunes software is up to date.
Dorje Sylas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 08:02 PM   #6
Consultant
macrumors G5

On iPod touch

1. Open "App Store"
2. Click "Updates"
3. Click "Purchased"

Install.
Consultant is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch