Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neptunia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I've never owned an Apple product before but decided to take the plunge with the new iPod Touch as I needed a new music player anyway and it's fantastic!

I want to buy a speaker dock for it but since I don't have any other product at home would it be worth it to wait until a new speaker dock comes out for the new Apple products or just buy an older dock with an adapter?

Thanks.

mrskb

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Michigan
I bought a lightning to 30-pin adapter so I could play my new iPod Touch 5g on my iHome. The iPod makes a noise and shows it's connected, but it won't play through the iHome speakers. So far, no one has offered any answers to my question. I did read on the Apple Community boards where a couple of people said this works....which is why I bought the cable...

NZed

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2011
Canada, Eh?
I've never owned an Apple product before but decided to take the plunge with the new iPod Touch as I needed a new music player anyway and it's fantastic!

I want to buy a speaker dock for it but since I don't have any other product at home would it be worth it to wait until a new speaker dock comes out for the new Apple products or just buy an older dock with an adapter?

Thanks.

I bought a lightning to 30-pin adapter so I could play my new iPod Touch 5g on my iHome. The iPod makes a noise and shows it's connected, but it won't play through the iHome speakers. So far, no one has offered any answers to my question. I did read on the Apple Community boards where a couple of people said this works....which is why I bought the cable...

i dont think the adapter is guaranteed to work on all ipod speakers.

mrskb

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Michigan
i dont think the adapter is guaranteed to work on all ipod speakers.

I knew I was taking a chance...It's okay..I might be able to use it somewhere else...and eventually they'll make an iHome that will work too..

mrskb

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Michigan
I knew I was taking a chance...It's okay..I might be able to use it somewhere else...and eventually they'll make an iHome that will work too..

I tried it again this morning, and for some reason, it works!! YAY! Happy camper here! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.