Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ylefebvre

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
Three new entries:

- Square Mile, a London uk lifestyle and culture mag
- Total Kid, parenting magazine
- The moment

Enjoy!

ylefebvre

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
While this overnight bus magazine does look interesting, it is not a newsstand app at this time...

jdon55

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Too bad a lot of these seem to be iPad exclusive and not available for iPod/iphone :(

promethues

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2012
Newsstand provides users with an elegant and simple way to manage and download newspaper and magazine subscriptions from within a dedicated app.

TCMilner

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
I've found a magazine called TRVL (a travel mag) a real enjoyable read. Great pics, interesting writing and details on each photo of aperture/fstop and google maps link to photo location.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
The Sydney Morning Herald and Fitness First newsstand apps are the best I've seen. Both are also Australian, glad to see my country producing some fantastic quality in the App Store.

Both free, though only available in the Australian App Store I believe.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
thanks for the list. But can't find Engadget Distro in newsstand. When I click on search, I'm in the normal app store :mad:

Howto search/browse only newsstand

Searched "Engadget", but only a podcast and the well known app. I am German citizen.
I was able to grab it on my south american App Store.
Here is yours, so it should work (in case this is solved, I'm aware I'm replying 25 years later).

The Sydney Morning Herald and Fitness First newsstand apps are the best I've seen. Both are also Australian, glad to see my country producing some fantastic quality in the App Store.
Thanks for the heads up on the Fitness First, seems interesting, grabbing.
And no, as you can see it's available worldwide apparently.

I've been using the Square Mile magazine app which is reeeeeally good (and free)! Anyone who works in finance should definitely download it.
Well it seems London-localized but I grabbed it anyway, if I can squeeze somat out of it.

6andy6

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2010
Tbh - newsstand is actually quite rubbish ( in Australia) and any failure to realise this is just blinkered in the extreme.

I will continue to use to stick with Zinio.......appears to have5 times the number of magazines AND I'm not restricted to geographical restrictions in my purchasing.

paulcdb

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2009
Tbh - newsstand is actually quite rubbish

Apple can only give people the tools... sadly though, its let down by most of the publishers who seem to think pushing some crappy image of the pages is acceptable for people to read.

They really need to look at iGizmo and build more engaging magazines because the few i looked through were such a pita to browse, having to zoom in to read the print, etc was so annoying so how many other subscriptions have they lost for the same reason?

When the only magazine worth paying for happens to be one thats free then there's something amis!

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Good stuff.

Can't wait till Lawnmower Weekly comes out! ;)
Seriously, low cost distribution hopefully allow more subject matters to read.

IvanX

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
I thought that TRVL has a one-time 99 cent fee to be able to view the issues. Has that changed recently?
TRVL is definitely a great magazine now. They updated it for Retina display and made all features of it really slick. Definitely recommended.

tosh32

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
TNW Magazine totally Free

TNW Magazine is a FREE digital monthly magazine with funny, inspirational and shareable stories about technology, innovation and startups.

Awesome magazine for iPad and iPhone tnw.to/magazine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.