Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lifetimechaldo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
If i put my screen on full brightness then set it to auto ajust it will never change from full brightness for some reason.

Also im having a wierd prob where my wifi disconnects often.

Are these normal?

SunnyStudioNeo

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2011
If i put my screen on full brightness then set it to auto ajust it will never change from full brightness for some reason.

Also im having a wierd prob where my wifi disconnects often.

Are these normal?

My observation is: it has a auto adjust range, which is based on the brightness level you set. That being said, if you set it to full brightness then turn on auto adjust, it will adjust within something like 85%-100% full brightness; if you set it to half brightness, then auto adjust range may be like 35%-65%.

PaulyD

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
UK
I found I had to train mine by setting the brightness I want over a period of time and different levels of brightness. Now it sets to what I would like naturally without any manual changes

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't ios auto brightness work as follows:

Set auto brightness on.
Set slider to position to where you want the phone to be set as the MINIMUM darkness you want the phone to go.

Example. Go to a dark room. Set brightness on auto and slider to 50%. Flash bright light at light sensor. Watch screen quickly get bright. Remove bright light from the sensor and the screen brightness will slowly go down to 50% but not lower. Now, do the same thing, but this time start your brightness slider at 0% and then apply light source. Now when you remove the light source, the slider will slowly but eventually go all the way to 0%.

If I'm correct, the slider serves as a minimum setting on auto brightness.

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't ios auto brightness work as follows:

Set auto brightness on.
Set slider to position to where you want the phone to be set as the MINIMUM darkness you want the phone to go.

Example. Go to a dark room. Set brightness on auto and slider to 50%. Flash bright light at light sensor. Watch screen quickly get bright. Remove bright light from the sensor and the screen brightness will slowly go down to 50% but not lower. Now, do the same thing, but this time start your brightness slider at 0% and then apply light source. Now when you remove the light source, the slider will slowly but eventually go all the way to 0%.

Yes this is how it works for me.

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA

Set auto brightness on.

Yes, correct.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas

Set auto brightness on.

Thank you very much for mention this.

Sherifftruman

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I find the iPhone 5 is much more responsive range wise than and of the the iPhones I've had since 3G. Especially toward the lower end. Like someone else says it is not as dramatic, but it will smoothly and gradually dim much more than it used to, which is good for using in low light conditions, but not as good for using the screen as a quick flashlight. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.