|Oct 26, 2012, 10:55 AM||#1|
NetSpot - free Wi-Fi network surveying software for Mac OS X
Hi! My name is Jeison Frost.
As a representative of Etwok Team I want to introduce NetSpot - the only professional app for wireless site survey, Wi-Fi analysis and troubleshooting on Mac OS X.
It's FREE and very simple, no need to be a network expert to start using NetSpot today! All you need to conduct comprehensive wireless site survey is your MacBook running Mac OS X 10.6+, NetSpot works over any 802.11 network.
Analyze your Wi-Fi Coverage
NetSpot is the easiest native wireless site survey software for Mac. You need just a few clicks to load your office plan or area map and start a network site survey. Just point to where you are on the map and NetSpot starts measuring wireless signal right away, move around, and collect Wi-Fi data. That's it: now you have all the needed info to analyze radio signal leakages, discover noise sources, map channel usage, locate effective access points, etc.
Visualize Your Wireless Network
Efficiency-wise, your Wi-Fi network needs hotspots placed correctly and radio channels assigned in a proper way: the visual Wi-Fi map you get thanks to NetSpot lets you see all dead zones without coverage and optimize hotspots' placements; you can see channels' load and decide how to use them ideally.
Wireless Network Planning
NetSpot is also an amazing wireless survey tool for Wi-Fi planning. Load a map, collect some wireless site survey data, build a comprehensive heatmap of your network. Now viewing each channel separately is as easy as a pie. Once you locate an empty channel with no wireless networks - it's the optimal selection for a new Wi-Fi network. NetSpot also lets you easily select channels for new Wi-Fi hotspots with minimal signal to noise ratio.
Troubleshoot Wireless Networks
Thanks to new Troubleshooting visualizations you can easily and quickly identify connectivity and wireless interference issues, find sources of excessive noise, resolve Wi-Fi configuration problems, and get automated professional advice on every issue visualized by NetSpot PRO.
Last edited by balamw; Oct 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: TIMG
|Nov 5, 2012, 04:25 AM||#2|
Weíre so excited to announce the release of NetSpot 2.0. Users of version 1.3 will see many improvements and we have added a bunch of cool new features.
NetSpot 2.0 brings Mac users an unprecedented set network survey tools, giving them the power to visualize their networks, identify areas of weakness and quickly correct problems.
NetSpot 2.0 also introduces premium paid edition: now users that need more advanced Wi-Fi survey features can upgrade to the PRO or Enterprise version. The PRO edition gives network experts even more advanced features, including multi-floor scanning, active scanning, the ability to scan hidden networks, and automated troubleshooting. The Enterprise edition includes all the features of the PRO edition and provides licenses to all users within a company, along with priority support. NetSpot PRO and Enterprise allow commercial use.
The standard version of NetSpot 2.0 remains free, as always, and includes many top feature requests, including a wireless discover mode, the ability to delete any sample point during a scan, the ability to re-locate access points and a new streamlined interface.
Hereís a list of the major new features in 2.0. The word [PRO] means it is a PRO/Enterprise feature only.
- Sampling Point Deletion: Any data point may now be deleted at any point during the scan. No starting over if you place a point in the wrong spot!
Streamlined User Interface: Refreshed and sleek, the new interface simplifies the site survey process and improves your workflow.
- Wireless Discover Mode: Allows you to quickly identify surrounding Wi-Fi networks and analyze them ó without needing to run a full survey.
- Manual Re-location of APs: If the location of an AP isnít quite right, it can now be moved with just a click.
- Troubleshooting Advice: Our knowledgebase now provides advice on how to solve six of the most common Wi-Fi network issues: low signal strength, high noise levels, issues with SNR, issues with SIR, low upload rates, and low download rates.
- [PRO] Active Scanning: Gives you the ability to measure actual Internet speed in your survey area. Upload and download speeds, as well as wireless transmit rates are recorded.
- [PRO] Active Scanning Visualizations: Upload Speed, Download Speed and Wireless Transmit Rate heat maps are available for active scans.
- [PRO] Automated Troubleshooting Visualizations: Six special troubleshooting visualizations highlight areas of potential problems and provide you with recommendations on how to improve them.
- [PRO] Multi-Floor Scanning: Allows smart multi-floor placement of discovered APs. APs from other floors will be shown as ghosts on the map.
- [PRO] Zone Snapshots: Easily duplicate zones, so you donít need to configure new zones every time you relocate your hotspots or make changes to the environment.
- [PRO] Advanced Network Grouping: Easily group networks by band, channel, vendor, or security typeĖ or set up your own custom groups.
- [PRO] Hidden Network Scanning: Finally, networks that donít broadcast their SSIDs can also be scanned.
- [PRO] Autosave: Donít worry about losing your data with automatic project saving every 1, 5 or 30 minutes.
- [PRO] Custom Aliases:Now you can assign custom aliases to your APs to better manage your hotspots.
- [PRO] Environment-Based Project Presets: For users scanning large areas, these presets will customize the prediction sampling radius, allowing a greater distance between sampling points.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.