Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:11 AM   #1
CB1234
macrumors 6502

Too many Whinging posts….

I feel that Macrumors Forum is becoming a website for whingers, moaners, and thread trollers,..

I visit here regularly (before I signed up as a member) to solve issues I had with my MBP, iP4s and other Apple peripherals. Most of the time, I used to be able to find answers to the queries I had quickly and move on… Also many of the threads were good, because they highlighted features with your Apple products, which normally most people wouldn't know about. And that was good…..

Lately since the launch of iOS6, I notice a lot of the threads are about people whinging over trivial issues (I read one thread about a member saying that he thought his iPhone 5 was slightly curved…… ). There is so much negativity and utter rubbish being discussed, that I tend to get off the Forum quickly…

I know there are issues with Apple Maps, and perhaps about wifi connectivity and perhaps about battery usage. But by God, if you read some of the threads going on here and the intensity of the discussion, you would think Apple will be going bust in short time…

Apple still make great products, and still place a huge emphasis on a great consumer experience. I struggle to think of any other company which puts such huge value on consumer experience before their profits.

Yes Apple got it wrong with Apple Maps, and they were big enough to apologise for it publicly and I am also sure they will solve it… I cannot remember any other company as huge as Apple ever apologising for substandard products they have been launching for decades now…. So why not let it be and move on…..

So why so much consistent moaning ? I really cannot understand it…….
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:16 AM   #2
anubis1980
macrumors member

Stop moaning ha ha
anubis1980 is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:17 AM   #3
CB1234
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis1980 View Post
Stop moaning ha ha
haha - the disease is infectious and spreading quickly…..
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:22 AM   #4
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

It's supposed to be spelled "whining"...

Well, I think people have different ways of expressing themselves, especially their discontent over electronics products from well-known makers such as Apple. People want perfect devices when they buy it, not one with scratches right out of the box. And people also want an avenue to voice their situation, maybe see if other people are also facing similar problems, and explore the available options together. As much as you think people like to whine, they actually don't enjoy it too. However, people react to circumstances differently, & you simply cannot expect everyone to behave in way which you think is appropriate. Let them be, restricting their views & attempting to control their means of expressing themselves is Sisyphean, I assure you. This is a forum, the primary purpose of it is to AIR your views & discuss Apple products, & I don't see how the majority of the members have done anything wrong.

Last edited by Beeplance; Nov 5, 2012 at 03:33 AM.
Beeplance is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:27 AM   #5
CB1234
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
It's supposed to be spelled "whining"...
If you were from the UK, it would be whinging. So stop whinging about my spelling...
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:32 AM   #6
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1234 View Post
If you were from the UK, it would be whinging. So stop whinging about my spelling...
Really? I need to check my dictionary in a minute. Thanks for pointing that out.
Beeplance is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:35 AM   #7
Maso1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Quite right....
Maso1 is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:37 AM   #8
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Apple are getting trolled.

I wouldn't even think of going to an Android forum to hate but they come to Apple sites in the hundreds just to have sly digs.

I don't get it and will never get it. I can understand its hard to moderate but some are so obvious is painful to watch.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
Really? I need to check my dictionary in a minute. Thanks for pointing that out.
haha. don't worry. One is a whinge and one is a whine. Both mean the same but are different words

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   1
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:39 AM   #9
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
Apple are getting trolled.

I wouldn't even think of going to an Android forum to hate but they come to Apple sites in the hundreds just to have sly digs.

I don't get it and will never get it. I can understand its hard to moderate but some are so obvious is painful to watch.

----------

haha. don't worry. One is a whinge and one is a whine. Both mean the same but are different words
I like his user ID. Very unique, & automatically makes you think of the next 2 words of this phrase. ^^
Beeplance is offline   1
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:08 AM   #10
netdog
macrumors 603

There has always been a lots of wringing, trolling and policing here.

There has also always been a great knowledgeable community here.

I just ignore the noise and really appreciate the overwhelming majority here who are funny, helpful and well informed.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:44 AM   #11
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
I feel that Macrumors Forum is becoming a website for whingers (whiners), moaners, and thread trollers,..
So does the thread starter prove his hypothesis by just his post alone ?

Look for me here

Last edited by dhlizard; Nov 5, 2012 at 05:26 AM.
dhlizard is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:00 AM   #12
ggmissmolly
macrumors regular

Like it or not, the guy is right. So how do you complain about it without being part of it? I don't know. The level of stupidity and outright deception on the internet makes it pretty useless for useful discussion.

Such is the price of including everyone. .....utter nonsense results. IMHO most of the negative posts here are Android users trying to justify their equipment and the others are elementary school kids.

So...go ahead and accuse me of being something else!
ggmissmolly is offline   1
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:24 AM   #13
Hawtin
macrumors member

A thread moaning about people moaning... And my reply is moaning about people moaning about people moaning.

Moanception
Hawtin is offline   1
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:27 AM   #14
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawtin View Post
A thread moaning about people moaning... And my reply is moaning about people moaning about people moaning.

Moanception

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:58 AM   #15
BvizioN
macrumors 68020

Send a message via Skype™ to BvizioN
Swarm of fandroids in macrumors forum, that's what it is

It's halirious when they start with "I used to be a big Apple fan, i have iPhone, iPad but Apple is going downhill and i will be moving to Andrid (much betetr platform" and i will be buying Nexus 7"

I mean, REALLY?

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland