Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:54 PM   #1
FatMax
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norway
New Yorks best burger?

I'm passing through New York on my way home to Norway from Canada. First time I've ever been in North America.
I've got something like 48 hours in NY, so thought it best to ask here:

Where can I enjoy the best burger New York has to offer?

Also, I'd like to hit up a bar somewhere in between Central Park and lower manhattan on Sunday night. Any place in particular I should go? Remember, I'm all alone and by myself.
FatMax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:13 AM   #2
recharge23
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seoul, South Korea
there's so many good options. mouth is watering just thinking about them (i lived in manhattan for 4 years before moving to seoul this past may).

there's actually quite a few places that i haven't tried so i'll give you my opinion on the ones i have tried.

1. the spotted pig - something about the roquefort cheese and perfect shoestring fries makes this my favorite. might even get to rub elbows with jayz.
2. minetta tavern - the black label burger is famous for its $26(?) price tag but it is so worth it. i can't imagine eating a burger like this often though.
3. corner bistro - a simple, bar burger that's been around forever but nothing truly special about it.
4. shake shack - even though this is the easiest to get, still does the job every single time.
5. the breslin bar & dining room - this one is a lamb burger which might not sound great at first but it is delectable.
6. JG Melon - a lot of people like this place but i found it to be rather plain.
7. burgers and barrels - really nothing special in my opinion.

i'm a little sad i never tried out burger joint but i'd venture to say that it probably wouldn't break my top 2.

have fun! let me know which one u decide on.
__________________
computer: 15-inch rmbp | 2.3 | 16gb | 256gb
tablet: black iPad 3 | 32gb -- nexus 7 | 16gb
phone: white iPhone 4s | 16gb | sk telecom
recharge23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:07 AM   #3
FatMax
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norway
Thank you so much recharge23, for your extensive list!
I will at least try one of the top 2, probably both

In my Googling, Burger Joint was mentioned a few times. I may have to give them a visit too.

Any bar recommendations?
FatMax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:38 AM   #4
quagmire
macrumors 603
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Colicchio and Sons Tap Room. I loved their TC Burger.
__________________
Crimes against US History:
CV-6 USS Enterprise
Yankee Stadium
Penn Station-New York
quagmire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:45 AM   #5
Smc1978
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
We enjoyed the Burger Joint when we visited, its hidden away in the Le Parker Meridien Hotel. Look for the Neon Burger sign hidden at the end of a corridor in reception.

You'll get a simple great tasting burger.

Smc
__________________
Lots of different Apple products.
Smc1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:10 AM   #6
kuhtang
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ontario
You won't be disappointed with Shake Shack either.
kuhtang is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:09 AM   #7
bigjnyc
macrumors 68040
 
bigjnyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
-Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridien
-Prime Burger on 51st street
-Smith and Wollensky (high end steakhouse *pricy*)
-And of course Shake Shack
__________________
Whenever I go to delete an app on my iPhone, I like to pretend the shaking icons are all screaming loudly in panic over who's getting axed
bigjnyc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:31 AM   #8
rhett7660
macrumors G3
 
rhett7660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunny, Southern California
Shake shack is pretty darn good!
__________________
"It's quite an experience to hold the hand of someone as they move from living to dead."
"Times are looking grim these days, holding on to everything, it's hard to draw the line"
rhett7660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:36 AM   #9
FatMax
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norway
Wow, thanks a lot guys!

Seems I have to make up my mind here

Anything else I should eat/experience whilst in NY?
FatMax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 02:06 PM   #10
chambord
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Sorry to threadjack;

How is it in NYC right now? Are most of the trains running? Are cabs running? Is traffic just ridiculous? I am going there next week and am just curious what to expect. My hotel got electricty back over the weekend, so that's a positive. I used to live there, but never through anything like this. I convinced myself that because there is so much money involved in anything related to NYC, it will have to be up and running ASAP.
chambord is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:19 AM   #11
FatMax
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norway
Thanks a lot guys!

Shake Shack WAS damn good. I'll try The Burger Joint later today before I go home.

And I understand now how stupid it was asking about bars. Did find one though!
FatMax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:52 PM   #12
decafjava
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Geneva
I'm going to have to try one of these next time I go to NYC.
decafjava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:57 PM   #13
GrandPhrase
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by recharge23 View Post
there's so many good options. mouth is watering just thinking about them (i lived in manhattan for 4 years before moving to seoul this past may).

there's actually quite a few places that i haven't tried so i'll give you my opinion on the ones i have tried.

1. the spotted pig - something about the roquefort cheese and perfect shoestring fries makes this my favorite. might even get to rub elbows with jayz.
2. minetta tavern - the black label burger is famous for its $26(?) price tag but it is so worth it. i can't imagine eating a burger like this often though.
3. corner bistro - a simple, bar burger that's been around forever but nothing truly special about it.
4. shake shack - even though this is the easiest to get, still does the job every single time.
5. the breslin bar & dining room - this one is a lamb burger which might not sound great at first but it is delectable.
6. JG Melon - a lot of people like this place but i found it to be rather plain.
7. burgers and barrels - really nothing special in my opinion.

i'm a little sad i never tried out burger joint but i'd venture to say that it probably wouldn't break my top 2.

have fun! let me know which one u decide on.
Seoul, are you Korean? If you are - *high five*
GrandPhrase is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:38 PM   #14
recharge23
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPhrase View Post
Seoul, are you Korean? If you are - *high five*
haha, i am...though i feel more american sometimes while i'm here.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMax View Post
Thanks a lot guys!

Shake Shack WAS damn good. I'll try The Burger Joint later today before I go home.

And I understand now how stupid it was asking about bars. Did find one though!
nice. glad you liked.
__________________
computer: 15-inch rmbp | 2.3 | 16gb | 256gb
tablet: black iPad 3 | 32gb -- nexus 7 | 16gb
phone: white iPhone 4s | 16gb | sk telecom
recharge23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:52 PM   #15
GrandPhrase
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by recharge23 View Post
haha, i am...though i feel more american sometimes while i'm here.
ㅋㅋ.. 서울에는 비가 마니와요? 아.. 나이 이름은요? ㅋ
GrandPhrase is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC