|Nov 2, 2012, 12:09 PM||#1|
Best WMV video conversion software
I film and edit a lot of videos (around 3mins in length) in FCP and use compressor to create H.264 quicktimes.
These videos then need to be converted into a WMV file, under 12mb to be hosted on a sharepoint. I have so much trouble trying to get these videos under 12mb using Mpeg streamclip. I have tried reducing the quality of the quicktime file, but doesnt make too much difference, even on the lowest setting and the videos can end up so grainy.
Please could someone recommend a software programme I can put on my Macbook Pro, that I can drop in quicktime, easily adjust settings and convert videos that are good quality and under 12mb??? Help!!
It doesnt matter about cost - just need a solution! Thank you in advance
|Nov 5, 2012, 06:54 AM||#5|
First of all a short and simplified clarification:
Video files consist of the "codec" used inside and the "container" to wrap it all in one file. ".wmv" is just a container format and does not yet tell us anything about the codec. But the codec and the bitrate used determine the quality and size of the resulting file, the ".wmv" has almost nothing to do with it.
That being said:
1. 12 MB are very tiny for a 3 minute video. The quality will not be great, no matter what you do.
2. If you have no other restrictions than it being a ".wmv" container, you can create those files simply like this:
- If you are running the files through compressor anyways, you can just try to get them to the appropriate size with compressor. It has an option to limit the bitrate for your output, as you can for example see in this video.
- If you figured out the bitrate (I'm not gonna do the math for you, you can play around) for 3 minute videos to stay under 12 MB, you can save it as a preset. If you have trouble figuring out the needed bitrate (it should be around 500 kbit/s), ask again and I could maybe create the preset for you.
- The output will be a ".mov" container, but you can simply switch the container for free, for example with this little tool I programmed, to ".wmv". This will simply copy the video stream and not change the quality at all.
Is this what you were looking for?
|Nov 5, 2012, 07:04 AM||#6|
|Nov 14, 2012, 08:38 AM||#7|
Controlling video file size in Compressor
The video link you sent was really helpful about having some control on the bitrate, so you have an idea on the outcome file size. A real useful tool to try and get the file size down.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Video File Conversion Software||adyf||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||0||Feb 1, 2014 07:35 PM|
|Software to rip Blu-Rays without lossy conversion?||ToTo Man||Apple TV and Home Theater||11||Oct 18, 2013 03:21 PM|
|Help Needed. Weird video conversion results h.264 video .ts file to .mov||spacepower7||Apple TV and Home Theater||1||May 2, 2013 09:24 AM|
|Lossless conversion of WMV formats||rupam.db||Digital Video||1||Jun 10, 2012 07:21 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.