Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 4, 2012, 03:26 PM   #1
adam303
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
[URGENT] Order mac from europe to pick up in us

Hey,

I'm going to ny next week and I would love to buy the new Mac Mini, but I want to get the 2.6 quad-core with ssd and from what I've understand they only stock base-models in store... So my question is if it's possible to order the upgraded mini and pick it up at the store or to get it sent to the hotel. It sure would be a lot easier if I had somebody that lived in ny but that's not the case. Ps. I've got an american credit card.

Thanks
/A303

Last edited by adam303; Nov 5, 2012 at 04:32 AM.
adam303 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:56 AM   #2
stickyfingers85
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I believe Apple will only ship to the same country that your Credit Card is registered in.

So if you have an American CC, with an American Address, you should be able to order it for delivery to the hotel, provided you've checked with the hotel and you are happy for them to sign for it

Edit: You would also have to order from the US Apple store online, not one in Europe
__________________
15" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD @ 7200rpm | 32GB iPhone 5 |
stickyfingers85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:27 AM   #3
old-wiz
macrumors 604
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Suburban Boston Ma
I wouldn't trust delivery of a thousand dollar computer to a hotel; why should you trust them?. Pick it up at the Apple store.
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:23 AM   #4
macman312
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-wiz View Post
I wouldn't trust delivery of a thousand dollar computer to a hotel; why should you trust them?. Pick it up at the Apple store.
You can't do custom order pickup but just order it online and ship it to your hotel

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam303 View Post
Hey,

I'm going to ny next week and I would love to buy the new Mac Mini, but I want to get the 2.6 quad-core with ssd and from what I've understand they only stock base-models in store... So my question is if it's possible to order the upgraded mini and pick it up at the store or to get it sent to the hotel. It sure would be a lot easier if I had somebody that lived in ny but that's not the case. Ps. I've got an american credit card.

Thanks
/A303
Yes it is but do it today/soon so that it will arrive in time
macman312 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:44 AM   #5
adam303
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Thanks for the answers, unfortunately I won't be able to order the 2.6 ghz because the delivery date is after I went home. Is 2.3 ghz quad-core enough for Logic pro and illustrator/photoshop? I'm going to upgrade ram to 16 gb and switch the 5400 drive for an ssd.
adam303 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:51 PM   #6
macman312
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam303 View Post
Thanks for the answers, unfortunately I won't be able to order the 2.6 ghz because the delivery date is after I went home. Is 2.3 ghz quad-core enough for Logic pro and illustrator/photoshop? I'm going to upgrade ram to 16 gb and switch the 5400 drive for an ssd.
Just buy the 2.6ghz in your home country. Trust me I have looked at buying computers and stuff in the US as they SEEM much cheaper compared to where I live (Australia) but once you add ny tax (10%) it really isn't that much cheaper.... as you might have thought.
macman312 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:38 PM   #7
CASLondon
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by macman312 View Post
Just buy the 2.6ghz in your home country. Trust me I have looked at buying computers and stuff in the US as they SEEM much cheaper compared to where I live (Australia) but once you add ny tax (10%) it really isn't that much cheaper.... as you might have thought.
This is largely true, except for the big ticket/small size items. I buy my MBP 17"s in the US when I'm home, ordered sales tax-free, and bring them back to London where the savings is on the order of hundreds of pounds, and worth it.

I doubt as worth it for a mini
CASLondon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:45 PM   #8
nebo1ss
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by macman312 View Post
Just buy the 2.6ghz in your home country. Trust me I have looked at buying computers and stuff in the US as they SEEM much cheaper compared to where I live (Australia) but once you add ny tax (10%) it really isn't that much cheaper.... as you might have thought.
NY Sales tax is 8.75 percent not 10 percent. Sales tax or VAT in London is 20 percent. At a minimum you will save 11.25 percent.
nebo1ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5S Order Online, Pick up in store Stuke00 iPhone 26 Sep 23, 2013 08:48 AM
Order 'pick up in store' swish2351 iPhone 21 Sep 15, 2013 03:09 PM
Order 5S online, pick up at store? karsal iPhone 5 Sep 13, 2013 01:06 AM
iPad Mini: Order online for in store pick up? techiegirl iPad 0 Nov 3, 2012 07:06 PM
Pre order and pick up at store? timize iPhone 2 Sep 12, 2012 11:09 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC