Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeyondMountains

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Anyone have their m-audio profire 2626 with ML and logic 9?

I'm getting some pops and clicks when recording that I normally didn't get. I want to see what other peoples experiences have been.

JonnyGuns

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2012
Same issues.

Hey there!

Yes, I'm using a Profire 2626 with Pro Tools 8.0.3 on an iMac 27" (2010 i7) and It works fine for about 7 minutes then I get this "cell phone-ish" buzz and it sounds terrible. Sometimes I get lucky with restarting the profire and pro tools, but if I do it all too fast the computer resets itself with a notice about a "problem" (Kernel panic?)

I checked a few other forums and M-audio.com and they are still on 10.7.4 for the driver.

So, I guess it's the waiting game for a spell, which bites because I have quite a few tutorials to narrate for youtube. *pulls hair out* :eek: :p

Best of luck!

Sincerely,
Jonny

gretsch27

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2009
Also having trouble

I'm using a 2626 with logic 9 on a Mac pro 4,1 running 10.8.1. I have been having trouble with the 2626 completely dropping out. M-audio hasn't released a 10.8 compatible driver for the 2626. I hope they do so soon, and I hope that fixes some of the problems we are having. I have owned the 2626 as well as the fw400 and both were somewhat buggy. I wonder what it's like in the apogee world.

neodrew

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'm regularly using two TOSlinked ProFire 2626s to record sixteen channels onto Logic 9 in Mountain Lion during our church's weekly worship service. I waited about six weeks before I moved to ML and I've never noticed any problems with the recording quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.