Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
An old American classic, (from the album of the soundtrack of the movie American Graffitti[/B)], ah, but what, sheer, stylish, easy class.....

"I Only Have Eyes for You" from the early 1960s, sung by The Flamingos

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - International Magic Live at the O2 (awesome Blu-Ray, but also awesome to just stick on your phone and listen to at work).

After hearing Liam's and Noel's solo work, it's obvious who was the talent and brains behind Oasis.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Chris Isaak - Wicked Game Instrumental

Haven't heard it for years and always reminds me on the better days of MTV. Helena Christensen at the beach....

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I just watched the whole thing. I can't stop looping the soundtrack! This is the kind of music I adore!

How are you guys embedding the videos?

Last edited:

touchipods

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Too bad current mainstream music sucks now (and I listen to a lot of genres). By mainstream music I mean Top 40-MTV weekly hits-iTunes top 100-mainstream and internet radio, etc.

I actually got into music and iPods because of mainstream music. I would always wonder what new artist would hit the waves and all that. Before I listened to music but never cared about owning mp3 players or having my own music collection. For several years I loved over 70% of mainstream hits. Ever since around 2008-2009 is when I started to hate mainstream. The reason I can't state a specific year is because some artists/band had album delays and whatnot.

Even now I occasionally see whats hot and the majority suck. I also hate most of the new artists that come out today when that was my #1 thing I looked forward to-adding to my collection with new talent.

Now before people say you got to look underground, they never say where. Not talking about Pandora either.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352179222.051058.jpg

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Too bad current mainstream music sucks now (and I listen to a lot of genres). By mainstream music I mean Top 40-MTV weekly hits-iTunes top 100-mainstream and internet radio, etc.

I actually got into music and iPods because of mainstream music. I would always wonder what new artist would hit the waves and all that. Before I listened to music but never cared about owning mp3 players or having my own music collection. For several years I loved over 70% of mainstream hits. Ever since around 2008-2009 is when I started to hate mainstream. The reason I can't state a specific year is because some artists/band had album delays and whatnot.

Even now I occasionally see whats hot and the majority suck. I also hate most of the new artists that come out today when that was my #1 thing I looked forward to-adding to my collection with new talent.

Now before people say you got to look underground, they never say where. Not talking about Pandora either.

I feel the same way. My suggestion to you is to start listening to alternative stations. They might not appeal to you at first because they play a lot of 80's, 90's, and early 00's aswell as pretty weird stuff that is slightly dated, but if they're going to play mainstream stuff, it's going to be the really decent/good stuff. Some might not be top billboard, but it's going to be the stuff people are raving about at the moment. I especially like the late evening shows on our local station where they play new tracks that you probably won't hear again, like ever, on the radio.

You have to get into it with an open mind, and focus on songs not for just the music, but the lyrical content too. Oh, and not be afraid to channel/station surf, you find really good stations that way. Music in general sounds so much more pleasant when its with its own genres, instead of mixed in with common pop.

Also check out what your favorite artists and bands are into. Pretty much how I find out about music primarily.

As for what I'm listening to... I saw Jake Bugg, Noel Gallagher, and Snow Patrol last night. Didn't care for Snow Patrol, loved Noel (huge Oasis fan), and have known about Jake Bugg for a little while. Really like this song from hearing it on the UK radio recently and have played it for the last few days, can't wait to get the album:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.