Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlanFord

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
Cro
Dont know why are they extending features when Siri is still beta product which needs huge improvements. As well, except few big country her usage is very limited.
Even with these very limited usage, 50% of time when I ask for something I got unclear and false responses. After two weeks of trying I gave up. Not happy with this feature at all.
Offcorse, since her usage is different I suppose there are happy users.

OZPINHEAD

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012
Emerald City
With all the people pissin and moanin about this and that.
Antenna problems, aluminium that scratches, Siri slow and not understanding
the UI sucks. The awful skeuomorphic designs.
Yellow screens, bending iPhones, cracking screens. It's a wonder Apple has ever made a penny.
And my big question is why all of you complainers continue to but the damn things.

And I know that most people post to complain not to compliment.
But I see a lot of repeat offenders and and forum regulars. Bash bash bash.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
With all the people pissin and moanin about this and that.
Antenna problems, aluminium that scratches, Siri slow and not understanding
the UI sucks. The awful skeuomorphic designs.
Yellow screens, bending iPhones, cracking screens. It's a wonder Apple has ever made a penny.
And my big question is why all of you complainers continue to but the damn things.

And I know that most people post to complain not to compliment.
But I see a lot of repeat offenders and and forum regulars. Bash bash bash.

Maybe its because some people are getting fed up with these bogus updates.

mattroman246

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
But when will she be able to better converse with us so I can finally have a friend?

Attachments

• siri.jpg
    siri.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 75

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
Go buy something else then. I don't continue to buy shoes that hurt my feet. Shirts by companies that don't fit properly. Etc etc...

I invested money into Apple and am complaining about updates that they are applying to my devices. I have every right to complain about it.

If I came in here not owning any Apple products and ripped into everything then ya I can understand your point.

Last edited by a moderator:

mono1980

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2005
Lansing, MI
That's hilarious that they used Argo as an example. I specifically used Siri to get showtimes for this movie a couple weeks ago and Siri could not understand the word "Argo" no matter how many times I tried. You'd think they would add current movies to Siri's dictionary...

OZPINHEAD

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012
Emerald City
I invested money into Apple and am complaining about updates that they are applying to my devices. I have every right to complain about it.

If I came in here not owning any Apple products and ripped into everything then ya I can understand your point.

You say that why? Because I'm not telling you what you want to hear.
You didnt invest anything. You purchased a product that doesn't seem to live up to your expectations. So move on.

By the way your personal slur has been reported.

Last edited by a moderator:

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
You say that why? Because I'm not telling you what you want to hear.
You didnt invest anything. You purchased a product that doesn't seem to live up to your expectations. So move on.

By the way your personal slur has been reported.

lol oh my god not reported.

So you are bitter because I'm saying something you don't want to hear?

OZPINHEAD

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012
Emerald City
lol oh my god not reported.

So you are bitter because I'm saying something you don't want to hear?

Yes reported.
I'm not the one who sounds bitter here. If your location is accurate enough said.
Anyway this is going nowhere fast.
Keep buying Apple and complaining my shares love you.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
I'm glad they are pushing forward with having Siri do more and more. That said, after reading the articles last week on how much better Google's voice-search app is than Siri (in terms of understanding your voice, better query responses, etc.), I'd much prefer in this new Post-Scott Forestall (sp?) era that Apple convince me that it is doubling down on Siri's basics rather than let me know I can now more quickly spend money on a movie ticket.

This. They need to fix Siri's fundamental flaws in speed, voice recognition, and efficiency. More useless U.S.-only gimmick features are just demonstrating that Apple doesn't know how to keep up when it comes to online services. They don't have the attention span to keep improving speed and efficiency of online services the way Google seems to.

chuckiej

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2003
To me this is an update they could roll out whenever it is ready. It should not wait for OS 6.1

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
What? Apple adds this feature without making it a "new feature" for iOS 7? Say it ain't so!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.