Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Tell them it came out of the box like that and demand a replacement for free. :p

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Last night, when my girl took my pants off (with my iP5 in my pocket) and tossed them across the room, I seriously thought about the picture in the OP of this thread. Before I could get down to business, I had to check and make sure the glass didn't break. Thankfully it didn't, or that would've sucked.

That would have been the end of that relationship. :p

Anyways, I dont understand why everyone is attacking the OP saying "THE SCREEN IS WAY STRONGER" "NO WAY THIS HAPPENED" "THE IPHONE 5 IS TOUGH, LOOK AT YOUTUBE VIDEOS"...

It can still happen. Dropping a phone on the right surface, from the right angle can and will shatter/crack/chip the screen, it doesn't matter how low it was when it fell or how durable the glass is said to be.

I dropped my 4S on concrete pretty hard once (it has a case) and thank god I didnt get a single crack or chip. If you have your iPhone naked, be prepared to pay up when you drop it.

Drops happen, you really can't say "well I never drop my phone". Like I said, I dropped mine once, and I am EXTRA careful. But ***** happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.