Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Nov 5, 2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Stephen1025
macrumors newbie

Watching Tomorrow's Events via iPad/AirPlay

So right now, the townhouse I moved into down at JMU has this really awful analogue cable, despite having a wall-mounted 42" 1080p Panasonic Plasma pre-installed, go figure.
Anyway, I've connected an Apple TV to it all year and it's been great for catching up on shows in HD via Netflix/Hulu Plus/YouTube, but live events have always been a problem and tomorrow's probably one of the biggest events of them all.
I'd love to find a way to watch CNN/MSNBC/NBC/ABC/CBS through my iPad/iPhone and AirPlay it to the Apple TV, in HD.
My parents have DirecTV, but I can't figure out their login (could be solved by asking them, obviously).
What do you guys think is the best solution here? Hopefuly it doesn't involve watching analogue SD cable all night..

(BTW the town's very rural and mountainous..about two hours outside of DC and an hour from Charlottesville, so OTA isn't really an option and I'm thinking my iPad holds the answer)
Stephen1025 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Lara F
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1025 View Post
So right now, the townhouse I moved into down at JMU has this really awful analogue cable, despite having a wall-mounted 42" 1080p Panasonic Plasma pre-installed, go figure.
Anyway, I've connected an Apple TV to it all year and it's been great for catching up on shows in HD via Netflix/Hulu Plus/YouTube, but live events have always been a problem and tomorrow's probably one of the biggest events of them all.
I'd love to find a way to watch CNN/MSNBC/NBC/ABC/CBS through my iPad/iPhone and AirPlay it to the Apple TV, in HD.
My parents have DirecTV, but I can't figure out their login (could be solved by asking them, obviously).
What do you guys think is the best solution here? Hopefuly it doesn't involve watching analogue SD cable all night..

(BTW the town's very rural and mountainous..about two hours outside of DC and an hour from Charlottesville, so OTA isn't really an option and I'm thinking my iPad holds the answer)
Best bet is probably to use your parent's DirecTV login to unlock the live stream on the CNN app, assuming it's an option alongside the other cable companies (and they haven't blocked AirPlay).
Lara F is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps