Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jigga Beef

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
Philadelphia, Pa
For those of you that use identify to tag shows and movies for iTunes know how great it is.

I've just started ripping all of my Law and Order SVU DVDs and am having trouble tagging the file name so it uses TVDB to look up the tagging information.

The show name on TVDB is written as :
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

So for a colon identify tells you to use ** in a row in place of the colon.I've tried that and tried naming the files all different variations and nothing seems to work.

I've tried
Law.And.Order**Special Victims Unit. S01E01
Law & Order ** Special Victims Unit S01E01
Law & Order ** SVU
Law and Order Special Victims Unit S01E01

And a few others. Anybody have any luck with this

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
For those of you that use identify to tag shows and movies for iTunes know how great it is.

I've just started ripping all of my Law and Order SVU DVDs and am having trouble tagging the file name so it uses TVDB to look up the tagging information.

The show name on TVDB is written as :
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

So for a colon identify tells you to use ** in a row in place of the colon.I've tried that and tried naming the files all different variations and nothing seems to work.

I've tried
Law.And.Order**Special Victims Unit. S01E01
Law & Order ** Special Victims Unit S01E01
Law & Order ** SVU
Law and Order Special Victims Unit S01E01

And a few others. Anybody have any luck with this

If found that iDentify is finicky when it comes to TV shows. Here's what I do:

Make sure the media type is TV Show and not the default Movie.
Search theTVDB.com for the exact show name and copy and paste that into the Series/Show Name box (bottom right) in Identify. Click scan. SHould find it. I just tried that using "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and season 1 ep 1 with media TV Show and it found it no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.