Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJyankee21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
I updated to the latest Facebook iPhone app today and I cannot login. It says Login Error. An error occurred. Please try logging in again. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Turned my phone off and on. No luck. I can login fine on my laptop and from the mobile browser version on my phone. Any ideas?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I updated to the latest Facebook iPhone app today and I cannot login. It says Login Error. An error occurred. Please try logging in again. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Turned my phone off and on. No luck. I can login fine on my laptop and from the mobile browser version on my phone. Any ideas?

Hm, I didn't experience this problem. Are you also logged in globally in Settings? Did you try to log out of or delete the account from there?

When I updated, there wasn't anything I had to do; I was able to keep on using the app without taking any action related to logging in/out.

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
When I updated, my news feed was blank and it told me to add friends. I logged out and could not log back in. I am able to log in in iPhone settings but not the app.

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
Same problem here! Blank news feed, logged out, and can't log back in :( I guess Facebook in safari for now.

Machiavell1

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Me too. Same issue of adding friends then logging out and being unable to log back in. I get the following error
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352153773.684025.jpg

I have tried deleting the app, and the account in general settings. No joy with either.

numanoids

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2011
same problem for me, borked.

Filed a report through Facebook's mobile assistance site. Lets see how long till its pulled or fixed.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
excellent job FB. probably did it to limit election related posts tomorrow.

Machiavell1

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
It seems to be a widespread problem. Twitter is full of similar complaints.... Hopefully it is a FB side issue they can sort without the need for a new app update.

adamber

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Seriously its a joke! Company's the size of facebook should at least bloody test the app before release!!!!!! My god, it makes you wonder how they can earn the money they do! Do they not think about their "customers"!!!!!!!!!! So annoyed! :mad:

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
just tried the old version on my iPad, logged out and back in, deleted the account and set it up again. All worked fine, so it is something with the new version.

Scotty202

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
same issue, very annoying Facewrecked you can't check your own updates,

Attachments

• IMG_0165.png
    IMG_0165.png
    343.1 KB · Views: 150

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
same problem! avoid this **** asap!!!

----------

someone is going to get fired

sometimes it feels like apes test their apps

bdude52

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Same problems here, updated, but my friend had been logged in, so I logged out, and then the ios single sign in didn't work, so I tried manually, and I get this error

It's really frustrating that Facebook can't do anything right when it comes to mobile apps :mad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 172
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.