Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:41 PM   #1
mrfrosty
macrumors 6502

Ice hockey photography

Hi,

We are coming to NYC his Xmas from the UK for my son (8 years old) to play in some ice hockey games. Lockout permitting he will also be skating during some of the period breaks of some NHL games. I'd really like to get some action shots at the games and also take some pictures around NYC. Can anyone help me out with some recommendations on some equipment ? I currently have a E-PL2 with kit lens but I fear that's not going to cut it ! I struggle to get the shutter fast enough to avoid motion blur. I took 390 pictures at the last game and about 3 were any good, this is not a good ratio !!!

I don't have an unlimited budget but I appreciate this could get expensive. $2k would be too much, 1k$ would be more like what I was thinking !!

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography