Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legend053

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Today I got the screen protector from Ebay and want to put it on the iphone 5. But I failed and then throw away the screen protector. But suddenly, I found the iphone 5 already have the screen protector prefectly installed. WTF?? Anyone happens to this situation?

16GB from ATT online store.

RCRod83

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
Today I got the screen protector from Ebay and want to put it on the iphone 5. But I failed and then throw away the screen protector. But suddenly, I found the iphone 5 already have the screen protector prefectly installed. WTF?? Anyone happens to this situation?

16GB from ATT online store.

I wonder if it's a return?

legend053

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
That would be the only explanation.
But I have it through updating the phone on ATT premier. And it comes with the whole stuff. The order is noted as new for 199.99. I need to contact ATT to make sure about it.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
But I have it through updating the phone on ATT premier. And it comes with the whole stuff. The order is noted as new for 199.99. I need to contact ATT to make sure about it.

Does the screen protector have cutouts for the homebutton & speaker

legend053

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Does the screen protector have cutouts for the homebutton & speaker

Yes. It is not the temporary film. When I tear the temporary film and try to put my screen protector, I found it already has the screen protector. I checked the iphone, no sign of wear. Actually the screen protector is installed very well. But feel it is weired.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Yes. It is not the temporary film. When I tear the temporary film and try to put my screen protector, I found it already has the screen protector. I checked the iphone, no sign of wear. Actually the screen protector is installed very well. But feel it is weired.

Well that is infact very distressing. Was the box sealed/wrapped in retail? I'm not sure whether to call Apple or AT&T :s

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
The OP can't be stupid enough to mistake the temporary film as the screen protector, but you never know with members these days.

I think this might be the case

Haven't read the whole thread yet but I would bet this is the case.

----------

OK, maybe not.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
The OP can't be stupid enough to mistake the temporary film as the screen protector, but you never know with members these days.

I think this might be the case

Whew! . . . That was a close one.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Are you sure its not the screen protector you applied? They have 2 protective layers one on each side. Are you sure you didn't just peel off the protective revealing the actual screen protector

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.