Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Petey-ed
macrumors regular

Desmay Rubber Slight 5

I was one of the original people that was burnt by the slight 5, but this rubber slight looks kind of cool. Anyone consider taking the risk for a review?

http://www.desmay.com/collections/fr...light-iphone-5
Petey-ed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:18 PM   #2
rperalta
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey-ed View Post
I was one of the original people that was burnt by the slight 5, but this rubber slight looks kind of cool. Anyone consider taking the risk for a review?

http://www.desmay.com/collections/fr...light-iphone-5
I don't know why they can't close the bottom part...just cut holes for the headset, charger, and speakers.
rperalta is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:40 PM   #3
puppers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
I don't know why they can't close the bottom part...just cut holes for the headset, charger, and speakers.
From an engineering perspective, you need a mold release and a way to allow product to flex to slip phone in.

I kinda like it.
puppers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:04 AM   #4
rizn1
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppers View Post
From an engineering perspective, you need a mold release and a way to allow product to flex to slip phone in.

I kinda like it.
I understand where you're coming from with this, but other companies have already done it. Look at PowerSupport. Theirs is completely enclosed. It doesnt justify the extra $20 but it is a really nice case. Good luck getting it off of the phone to clean it though.
rizn1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:38 AM   #5
cang87
macrumors member

Not that one but I got Desmay Slight (Classic Model). I would deffinitely NOT suggest you to have a Desmay product. From the pictures, it really seems perfect. Yes it is really thin. Nothing is wrong with that. But the cuts are a real disaster! Especially the down part is a real disaster! No precise cut at all! And the finishing part of the cuts are not also precise which scrachs your finger while holding the device.

If you are looking for that kind of a slim case, I would suggest you to have Ozaki O!Coat Solid or Jelly. (Solid is more Rubber-ish kind of case) It has a perfect cut and even thinner than Desmay. Fits perfect with the device and gives a real protection compared to the thinnest case.
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:50 PM   #6
Mseek
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cang87 View Post
Not that one but I got Desmay Slight (Classic Model). I would deffinitely NOT suggest you to have a Desmay product. From the pictures, it really seems perfect. Yes it is really thin. Nothing is wrong with that. But the cuts are a real disaster! Especially the down part is a real disaster! No precise cut at all! And the finishing part of the cuts are not also precise which scrachs your finger while holding the device.

If you are looking for that kind of a slim case, I would suggest you to have Ozaki O!Coat Solid or Jelly. (Solid is more Rubber-ish kind of case) It has a perfect cut and even thinner than Desmay. Fits perfect with the device and gives a real protection compared to the thinnest case.
Is the Ozaki O!Coat Jelly made of silicone?
Mseek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:04 PM   #7
puppers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cang87 View Post

Can't figure out how to buy the Ozaki Solid? Website is goofy. But I like this case....
puppers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:49 PM   #8
cang87
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mseek View Post
Is the Ozaki O!Coat Jelly made of silicone?
It's not silicone. It's is just more transparent. Apple logo is more visible with it.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppers View Post
Can't figure out how to buy the Ozaki Solid? Website is goofy. But I like this case....
I bought from their website. It's a little bit complicated I agree with you but I successfully ended up with it finally Shipping is directly made from Taiwan if you buy from their website. (Received in 7-8 working days to Germany)

I would suggest you to check eBay and Amazon. As I'm in Germany, I found the Ozaki Cases on Amazon and eBay. I just did not buy because I already ordered from their webstore. Give it a try..
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories