Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
if i had to pick a release date for november i would go with november 28 its a wednesday like we have seen for other iTunes updates and its the end of november..

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Which literally means anytime between now and the last day of November. It could be tomorrow, it could be the end if November, or anywhere in between.

Personally, I take "before the end of November" to mean before the last week of the month. If they said "by the end," then I'd agree. But it's vague wording.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Personally, I take "before the end of November" to mean before the last week of the month. If they said "by the end," then I'd agree. But it's vague wording.

Take it as you want, but the wording isn't vague, it's quite clear: They intend to have iTunes 11 out before November is over, be that tomorrow, or the last day of the month.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
Doubt we will see it anytime before the middle of november to be honest.

iTunes11 should be out in the next 30 days for sure though.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
you can't be serious

You're right, I read way too much into the use of the word "before." Before/by, it doesn't make a difference and it could still come the last week in November.

I still think Apple will try their hardest to get it out by the 16th before their Thanksgiving break, though.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
More than happy to wait as long as it is a finished product, a good move for Apple to wait until a product is ready. As iTunes is actually working there is no desperate need for a new version.

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
More than happy to wait as long as it is a finished product, a good move for Apple to wait until a product is ready. As iTunes is actually working there is no desperate need for a new version.

I totally agree with you. I got to admit that at first I was very disappointed. But come to think about it, we better wait for a late well-polished version instead of having an on-time half-baked version.

Plus, I used this opportunity to do a massive clean up to my huge iTunes library. I've already invested over 10 hours, and still have a long way!

That way, when iTunes 11 finally does come out, I'll be 100% ready for it. :D

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Plus, I used this opportunity to do a massive clean up to my huge iTunes library. I've already invested over 10 hours, and still have a long way!

That way, when iTunes 11 finally does come out, I'll be 100% ready for it. :D
that's exactly what I did

I downloaded the tuneup app from the app store, and with thousands of messed up song info and missing cover art it was worth the $39 to have 9000+ songs all properly and perfectly labeled

What would have taken me 30+hours it seems took me less then 30 minutes

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
that's exactly what I did

I downloaded the tuneup app from the app store, and with thousands of messed up song info and missing cover art it was worth the $39 to have 9000+ songs all properly and perfectly labeled

What would have taken me 30+hours it seems took me less then 30 minutes

Personally, I wouldn't risk it with TuneUp again, back when my library was less than 1,000 songs I used it and I got a bunch of wrong artwork, unrecognized songs and albums, etc... But now I have well over 6,000 songs. So even though it takes a whole lot longer, I prefer doing the clean up manually. At least that way I know what I'm changing and what not.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Personally, I wouldn't risk it with TuneUp again, back when my library was less than 1,000 songs I used it and I got a bunch of wrong artwork, unrecognized songs and albums, etc... But now I have well over 6,000 songs. So even though it takes a whole lot longer, I prefer doing the clean up manually. At least that way I know what I'm changing and what not.

maybe it's been dramatically improved since but I've only noticed a handful of errors out of thousands of fixed songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.