Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
Title says all. But I really wonder if he had the fastest mac or a mac that suited his needs.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
In his book there was a nice picture of him in his home office, he had a 30" cinema display if I remember correctly. Other than that I really do not know. Would be interesting to know though.

----------

lightbox-iframe-2.jpeg

Ahh here it is, you can see a Mac Pro beside his legs.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
I wonder how it made him feel if/when his computers gave him issues. Maybe he went to work and tracked down the people responsible and admonished them.

WilliamDu

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Steve's computer photo

That looks exactly like my PowerPC G5 I'm currently using until the 27" iMac is available next month.:)

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I have over twenty years as an Apple enthusiast, customer, investor, and historian. It's something I just know. It's well documented if you read about the relationship between those two as friends, arch enemies, competitors, and titans in the industry. Their special connection is why the only letter Steve kept at his deathbed was the one from Bill Gates.

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
I know that both Jobs and Woz were given TAMs... and that Woz used his in his home office... No idea what Jobs did with his, given his apparent dislike for the machine.

pubjoe

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
I've read of Jobs referred to as 'the ultimate user' (playing on the phrase 'end-user'), due to him personally using and testing products extensively. I'd assume that he was constantly upgrading to apple's latest range and prototypes of all models so that he could give his ultimate judgement.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Don't ever say "form factor" again.

That's almost as bad using hashtags on Facebook.

#I don't get it #Wish that was funny #Move along

1) In computers, the form factor (sometimes hyphenated as form-factor) is the size, configuration, or physical arrangement of a computer hardware object. The term is commonly used in describing the size and/or arrangement of a computer case or chassis or one of its internal components such as a daughterboard

Source: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/form-factor

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
#I don't get it #Wish that was funny #Move along

1) In computers, the form factor (sometimes hyphenated as form-factor) is the size, configuration, or physical arrangement of a computer hardware object. The term is commonly used in describing the size and/or arrangement of a computer case or chassis or one of its internal components such as a daughterboard

Source: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/form-factor

It's halfway between tech-speak and business-speak. Almost as bad as "price point".

Economy of language. "He prefers the traditional desktop form factor" would read just as well if the term was dropped: "He prefers the traditional desktop."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.