Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fsolano

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Hey guys just like the title says what are some good headphones for iOS devices? I'm no audiofile but I like legit, good sounding headphones. I'm looking to spend a max of $50 (maybe a little more if it is worth it). Earphones that have a mic and volume control on them is a must. Already tried the Nuforce NE 600-M and they were great but they don't offer volume control. Any suggestions on what to buy based on your opinions. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Fern

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Rha 450i. Just got these and they are awesome. Checkout the reviews in the apple store.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I don't know if they're available in that price range, but try to get something with detachable (read: easily replaceable) cables, if possible. I had two pairs of $1200 custom IEMs (Sensaphonics 2X-S) fail out of warranty because of cable shorts at the connection to the earpiece. I'll never buy IEMs with permanently attached cables again. ;)

fsolano

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Rha 450i. Just got these and they are awesome. Checkout the reviews in the apple store.

Did you get these from the Apple Store? I checked amazon and they are not available on there but have great reviews.

orestes1984

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2005
Australia
I don't know if they're available in that price range, but try to get something with detachable (read: easily replaceable) cables, if possible. I had two pairs of $1200 custom IEMs (Sensaphonics 2X-S) fail out of warranty because of cable shorts at the connection to the earpiece. I'll never buy IEMs with permanently attached cables again. ;)

you need to learn how to solder ;)

mikochu

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
I've had many in-ear buds. The ones I use the most often and for over a year are the MEElectronics M6P in-ear buds. Amazon has them for much cheaper, too. I use them when on a jog, riding my bicycle, around the office. Even with all the contact with sweat, they don't have any signs of wear. I just recently replaced the ear tips because the ones I had on them for over a year got loose. I highly recommend these. They have a cable long enough to comfortably put your phone in your pants pocket or backpack. In addition, it has an inline play/pause button/microphone.

ncstatered21

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
Try Klipsch Image S4. A little more expensive than $50 but work it. And if anything shorts out they will replace them under warranty.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
the Apple in-ears (dual-driver) are pretty solid as far as SQ is concerned. big step up from the earpods. i have been really happy with them. of course they have volume controls & a mic. they are also super comfortable (to me at least). they are a little over your price point ($80) though.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Yes apple store. There may be other ways to order them online. They sound great and are very comfy. The Klipcs didn't fit in my ear well with any of their 3 ear pieces.

Did you get these from the Apple Store? I checked amazon and they are not available on there but have great reviews.

orestes1984

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2005
Australia
I know how to solder, but it's kind of difficult to get to the wires when they're encased in silicone. ;)

Heh... Well I just bought some Sennheiser MX 365s in your price range and I'm happy enough with them. They don't have in cable volume adjustment though. But then every time I get a seat of headphones with an in cable remote the remote breaks down and that's the end of my headphones. To me it's just another thing that can and does go wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.