Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:43 PM   #1
Mark D
macrumors member

Refurbished Laptops Any Different, Maybe?

This summer I had two different iMac units that were refurbished - the first had multiple dead pixels, the second a large dent on the arm. It so happened that after a couple days use before sending the original back, I decided I didn't like desktops and wanted something portable. But I would not have kept either one anyhow. I am in college and saving money is of utmost importance, but I cannot have visual defects on my computer. Even though it says scratches/dents are within tolerance on the website, everyone raves about how they are awesome and just like new with no flaws - but all it resulted in for me was a month of customer service nightmares. Not exactly sure why but I recall someone on here a while back saying they'd expect that to happen more often with desktops. Maybe because they're bigger and easier to hit against things I don't know. Is it worth my time to try to save $200 on my Macbook Air?
Mark D is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice