Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:02 PM   #1
fsolano
macrumors member

Help with picking some in-ear headphones around $50

Hey guys just like the title says what are some good headphones for iOS devices? I'm no audiofile but I like legit, good sounding headphones. I'm looking to spend a max of $50 (maybe a little more if it is worth it). Earphones that have a mic and volume control on them is a must. Already tried the Nuforce NE 600-M and they were great but they don't offer volume control. Any suggestions on what to buy based on your opinions. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Fern
fsolano is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:26 PM   #2
richard371
macrumors 65816

Rha 450i. Just got these and they are awesome. Checkout the reviews in the apple store.
richard371 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:37 PM   #3
mavis
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to mavis Send a message via MSN to mavis
I don't know if they're available in that price range, but try to get something with detachable (read: easily replaceable) cables, if possible. I had two pairs of $1200 custom IEMs (Sensaphonics 2X-S) fail out of warranty because of cable shorts at the connection to the earpiece. I'll never buy IEMs with permanently attached cables again.
mavis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:53 PM   #4
fsolano
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
Rha 450i. Just got these and they are awesome. Checkout the reviews in the apple store.
Did you get these from the Apple Store? I checked amazon and they are not available on there but have great reviews.
fsolano is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:11 AM   #5
Minhimalism
macrumors 6502a

Refurbished Monster Turbines always run around $50. Best you can do for $50, hands down.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:56 AM   #6
Adutrumque
Banned

I like the earpod. Is it just me?
Adutrumque is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:05 AM   #7
orestes1984
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis View Post
I don't know if they're available in that price range, but try to get something with detachable (read: easily replaceable) cables, if possible. I had two pairs of $1200 custom IEMs (Sensaphonics 2X-S) fail out of warranty because of cable shorts at the connection to the earpiece. I'll never buy IEMs with permanently attached cables again.
you need to learn how to solder
orestes1984 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:49 AM   #8
mikochu
macrumors member

I've had many in-ear buds. The ones I use the most often and for over a year are the MEElectronics M6P in-ear buds. Amazon has them for much cheaper, too. I use them when on a jog, riding my bicycle, around the office. Even with all the contact with sweat, they don't have any signs of wear. I just recently replaced the ear tips because the ones I had on them for over a year got loose. I highly recommend these. They have a cable long enough to comfortably put your phone in your pants pocket or backpack. In addition, it has an inline play/pause button/microphone.
mikochu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:13 AM   #9
ncstatered21
macrumors member

Try Klipsch Image S4. A little more expensive than $50 but work it. And if anything shorts out they will replace them under warranty.
ncstatered21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:16 AM   #10
mzd
macrumors 6502a

the Apple in-ears (dual-driver) are pretty solid as far as SQ is concerned. big step up from the earpods. i have been really happy with them. of course they have volume controls & a mic. they are also super comfortable (to me at least). they are a little over your price point ($80) though.

www.theclothsea.com
mzd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:19 AM   #11
golfgrouch
macrumors member

Lightbulb

This is a useful list.
golfgrouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:17 PM   #12
darkside flow
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adutrumque View Post
I like the earpod. Is it just me?
Nope, not just you. I actually prefer the sounds of the EarPods compared to my $120 Bose ear buds. I listen to bass-heavy music and the acoustics of the EarPods actually make for a richer sub-bass sound.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:34 PM   #13
richard371
macrumors 65816

Yes apple store. There may be other ways to order them online. They sound great and are very comfy. The Klipcs didn't fit in my ear well with any of their 3 ear pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsolano View Post
Did you get these from the Apple Store? I checked amazon and they are not available on there but have great reviews.
richard371 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:33 AM   #14
mavis
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to mavis Send a message via MSN to mavis
Quote:
Originally Posted by orestes1984 View Post
you need to learn how to solder
I know how to solder, but it's kind of difficult to get to the wires when they're encased in silicone.
mavis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 07:48 AM   #15
orestes1984
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis View Post
I know how to solder, but it's kind of difficult to get to the wires when they're encased in silicone.
Heh... Well I just bought some Sennheiser MX 365s in your price range and I'm happy enough with them. They don't have in cable volume adjustment though. But then every time I get a seat of headphones with an in cable remote the remote breaks down and that's the end of my headphones. To me it's just another thing that can and does go wrong.
orestes1984 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories