Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:55 AM   #51
Subjugator
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhwhazup View Post
Here's another view. I like that they kept all around front but took out the little holes around the speaker that didn't really line up with the iPhone holes. Also, at least from the photos, I'm not seeing the obtrusive logo on the back.

This is a great company that listens to what their customers want.
That looks like 2 different cases. The top ones have volume buttons. The bottom one does not
Subjugator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:14 AM   #52
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjugator View Post
That looks like 2 different cases. The top ones have volume buttons. The bottom one does not
You are right. That'll be interesting to see whether the case has the buttons covered or not. The photos came from the same amazon page.
Nhwhazup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 01:52 PM   #53
IAmTroll
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post
Poor design. Edges will catch on things and the areas holding the two pieces together will break quickly.
Guessing you didn't read the materials
IAmTroll is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:26 PM   #54
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

I actually received this Noot case (see my earlier post) today and once agin another hit from Noot. I got the white one with the opaque matte back. Now I don't know which Noot I like better, the all white soft touch slim case or this one which has a shinier glossy bumper attached to the opaque matte clear back. This case has a great fit, goes all around the bevel but doesn't interfere with a screen protector. The buttons are covered with this case like the solid cover case. However the bumper material is harder so the buttons are fine but not as flexible as with the solid white case. I do like the bottom section of this new case which goes uniformly around the bottom edge but leaves the speakers wide open.

I love this Noot company. They offer great slim cases that actually do offer protection at a very reasonable price.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:35 PM   #55
martymcfly618
macrumors newbie

Here's my case by desmay. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351820090.536563.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	374313 Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351820102.053098.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	374314
martymcfly618 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 01:03 AM   #56
krick
macrumors member

For those who don't care for the Noot logo on the back, mine has come off completely. I wasn't crazy about it myself but didn't want to risk discoloring the case with my normal go-to logo remover (nail polish remover) so I just left it as it was. Throughout each day, however, I absentmindedly rubbed at the logo with my thumb while on long calls, and at some point I noticed that the logo was showing significant signs of fading. I then spent about 5 minutes rubbing at it with my thumb and t-shirt and that was all it took.
krick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 01:41 AM   #57
floss
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krick View Post
For those who don't care for the Noot logo on the back, mine has come off completely. I wasn't crazy about it myself but didn't want to risk discoloring the case with my normal go-to logo remover (nail polish remover) so I just left it as it was. Throughout each day, however, I absentmindedly rubbed at the logo with my thumb while on long calls, and at some point I noticed that the logo was showing significant signs of fading. I then spent about 5 minutes rubbing at it with my thumb and t-shirt and that was all it took.
I should of let mine rub off by itself but I was impatient and scrubbed it off with an alcohol wipe the moment I received the case. Bad idea since it left a noticeable gleamy scuff in it's place. When yours finally rubbed off completely, did it leave any type of discoloration that's seen when angled against a light source?
floss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:15 AM   #58
ercsliberty
macrumors 6502

got cygnett at frys electronics, very slim
ercsliberty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:21 AM   #59
krick
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floss View Post
I should of let mine rub off by itself but I was impatient and scrubbed it off with an alcohol wipe the moment I received the case. Bad idea since it left a noticeable gleamy scuff in it's place. When yours finally rubbed off completely, did it leave any type of discoloration that's seen when angled against a light source?
None whatsoever.
krick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:11 PM   #60
vistokid
macrumors regular

Got my noot case (black), from eBay ($9.99 plus $3 shipping to Canada).

LOVE IT. It's a perfect case. Full protection and super thin.

Only thing I wasn't happy with was on the bottom back there's a scuff that's really annoying me. I emailed the seller to see what they can do for me.

The design of the case is top notch.
vistokid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:06 AM   #61
Uplift
macrumors regular

Where can i find the noot cases in the UK?
Uplift is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:15 PM   #62
Pez555
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplift View Post
Where can i find the noot cases in the UK?
i couldnt find any but i have ordered this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1608951079...84.m1439.l2648

under a tenner in total and shipped from the US.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:25 PM   #63
WuMyster
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymcfly618 View Post
Here's my case by desmay. Attachment 374313 Attachment 374314
Hey, is that the clear one? If so, is it a frosted finish so that viewing the inside it is blurry(ish)?
WuMyster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:02 PM   #64
pssmith84
macrumors regular

I have both noot cases and they are both awesome. The first one I ordered with the bumper and opaque back came without the volume buttons covered so I emailed the seller and they sent me one with the volume buttons covered like I wanted. I guess they can come both ways.
pssmith84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:45 AM   #65
tom619
macrumors member

Does the bottom of the noot case have quite a lot of flex to it or is tight fitting?

Also are the speaker/port holes covered?
tom619 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:03 AM   #66
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom619 View Post
Does the bottom of the noot case have quite a lot of flex to it or is tight fitting?

Also are the speaker/port holes covered?
I don't find a sagging bottom issue with either of the Noot cases. However with all these TPU type cases I'll keep a rubber band on them lengthwise to keep them flexed inward so they keep the tight fit.

The matte slim case has pin holes for the speakers. The one small flaw in the case is that there are more holes then actually on the phone.

The bumper with frosted back case has the speakers open with opening that show the full speaker part. Not pin holes but openings. You can see it on the photo of the white case earlier in this thread.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:08 AM   #67
Uplift
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez555 View Post
i couldnt find any but i have ordered this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1608951079...84.m1439.l2648

under a tenner in total and shipped from the US.
thanks i've ordered the black one.
Uplift is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:42 AM   #68
tom619
macrumors member

Quote:
I don't find a sagging bottom issue with either of the Noot cases. However with all these TPU type cases I'll keep a rubber band on them lengthwise to keep them flexed inward so they keep the tight fit.

The matte slim case has pin holes for the speakers. The one small flaw in the case is that there are more holes then actually on the phone.

The bumper with frosted back case has the speakers open with opening that show the full speaker part. Not pin holes but openings. You can see it on the photo of the white case earlier in this thread.
Cool thanks, though I must ask how long do you keep the rubber band on? Doesn't it become a bit tiresome?
tom619 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:06 AM   #69
RealSkyDiver
macrumors 6502

Does it come with raised edges? It doesn't seem so in the pictures.
2011 MacBook Air 13" - 1.8 GHz i7, 4GB, 256 SSD, Carbon Skinned
RealSkyDiver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:39 PM   #70
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom619 View Post
Cool thanks, though I must ask how long do you keep the rubber band on? Doesn't it become a bit tiresome?
I put the rubber bands on the case for an hour or so while its off the phone. What that does is pulls in any edges that might not have been tight enough around the bezel. So the edges of the case get pulled in a bit and stay tight when you put it on the phone. Kind of the opposite of a shoe holder which is meant to keep the shoe expanded.

Don't get me wrong, I think the case is good enough on it's own. The first Noot slim I received came in a shipping bag but must have had something heavy lying on it during shipment. When I got it, it was a little misshaped with the left side of the bottom pushed outward. Therefore it didn't fit snugly to the phone and had a gap. I used the rubber bands technique to bring it back in shape and it's been fine ever since. Most folks wouldn't bother but I'm a little finicky.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSkyDiver View Post
Does it come with raised edges? It doesn't seem so in the pictures.
The slim Noot definitely doesn't have raised edges. However the bumper style Noot does have a bit of a raised edge although ever so minuscule.

I really like both of these cases. Best of all the 10 or so that I've tried. Unless the Power Support closes the bottom and top gaps or the Pinlo starts covering the bottom, I'm totally done purchasing cases. Really.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:46 AM   #71
xesf92
macrumors newbie

I look forward to the $ 10.92 ,TPU Anti-Skid Shield Phone Shell
ULEEF Case For Iphone 5
xesf92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:36 AM   #72
kthnxshwn
macrumors regular

I liked the noot, but I can't use it as a case. It's really nice and slim, but it's 100% so it's loose in some areas. I can't do much of anything about it and trying to restructure it with bands won't do much good. Dust, lint etc can get in and scratch the phone and that's the sole reason I buy them to protect from scratches. Back to the Poetic Atmosphere.
kthnxshwn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:35 AM   #73
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthnxshwn View Post
I liked the noot, but I can't use it as a case. It's really nice and slim, but it's 100% so it's loose in some areas. I can't do much of anything about it and trying to restructure it with bands won't do much good. Dust, lint etc can get in and scratch the phone and that's the sole reason I buy them to protect from scratches. Back to the Poetic Atmosphere.

I've been using the Noot predominantly for the last few weeks and my cases are snug against the bevel. I swap every now and then with my Switcheasy Tones when I'm looking for a bit of color. I've not seen any dirt or dust on the phone or inside the case when taking off either of the Noots or the Tones cases.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:02 PM   #74
kthnxshwn
macrumors regular

Quote:
I've been using the Noot predominantly for the last few weeks and my cases are snug against the bevel. I swap every now and then with my Switcheasy Tones when I'm looking for a bit of color. I've not seen any dirt or dust on the phone or inside the case when taking off either of the Noots or the Tones cases.
Mine had lots of lint along the top bezel every time I checked it after I took it out of my pocket.
kthnxshwn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:06 PM   #75
rmp71701
macrumors member

Pocket lint is issue for me too. With my old Commuter case, I liked having the port covers to keep lint, dirt, etc. out of jacks.

Any recommendations on thin case with quality of Noot but with covers for ports?
rmp71701 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories