Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:32 AM   #1
vladobizik
macrumors regular

Lightbulb "Upgrade" installation of ML over an existing install of ML?

I have a few very minor problems with my OS X install probably caused by my unprofessional tinkering with system files. I don't want to perform a clean installation at the moment and I also, please forgive me, don't currently have a time machine backup (I temporarily live abroad, am pretty much constantly on the move and I don't have any external drive with me). Can I just do the maintenance I think might help my computer by downloading Mountain Lion from the App Store and installing it over my current system - just as if I was doing an upgrade from a previous version of OS X, only I would be "upgrading" from the current version? Thanks a lot.
vladobizik is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:18 AM   #2
xgman
macrumors 68040

You should be able to do this, but why not make a Time Machine Backup first just in case?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion