Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:16 AM   #1
Greenbeans
macrumors newbie

Fusion Drive Verdict?

Hi all - I am in the process of ordering a mid-level Mac mini and am debating between the Fusion Drive and the 256gb SSD. I believe I've read through all the relevant threads here (and I've searched elsewhere) and I still haven't reached any conclusions.

Now that people have had both types of machines for a few days, are there any clear deficiencies to the Fusion Drive? In terms of real world experience, is the 256gb SSD faster/better? If so, is it material? I've seen very competitive benchmarks for the Fusion Drive, but as a casual user I'm not sure if that is the most relevant metric.

So, I guess I'm really wondering what the consensus is now - does Fusion Drive make more sense if you aren't sure you need the 256gb SSD? Advice is appreciated - I would love to finalize my order today. Thanks to all.
Greenbeans is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini