Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:37 AM   #51
GLB Neale
macrumors newbie

Bluetooth Cuts out since IOS 6 update

This is my second problem with IOS 6 !!!!! Getting really pissed off !
My Bluetooth speaker (Creative D 100) , and Bluetooth adapter ( Belkin 90) both are cutting out since upgrading to IOS 6 .
My other problem since upgrading to IOS 6 is that Spotlight can only find some of my songs ! Everything worked perfectly until IOS 6 upgrade. Apple told me that I can't go back to IOS 5.1

Not a Happy Chappie !!
GLB Neale is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:58 AM   #52
pommie82
macrumors regular

I use bluetooth headphones (Sennhieser mm450) to make & recieve calls.
If i'am not making or on a call then i'am listening to the radio over 3G signal
the only time when i have any problems is when my signal drops then i look at the radio app and it just saying buffering but a part from that its fine.

If you haven't done so already try forgetting the device in the setting menus and see if that helps if its no good i would suggest ringing either people you got it off and say this isn't working and see what they say you might just have a faulty product and every so often its just breaking down hard to say with out see it working i have never had problems with mine.
pommie82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:16 PM   #53
smcracraft
macrumors newbie

Exactly the same thing here.

Had been running fine since last week.

Now choppy.

Not good.

Wish these things were tested better until they went to market.

The market isn't the first unit-acceptance-test for major functions...
smcracraft is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:37 AM   #54
bripab007
macrumors 6502

So the onus is on Apple to ensure that the thousands of third party vendors update the firmware in their headphones, cars, stereo receivers, etc. to work with the latest Bluetooth standards?

Or is it the fault of the Bluetooth standards committee that chose not to support Bluetooth receivers beyond a certain age in their most recent specs?

Is it the consumer's fault for buying a device with a brand-new Bluetooth transmitter and expecting it to work with a 5-year-old receiver?

The above are just open-ended questions that sort of illustrate how difficult the situation is. It's not just Apple's fault or Mazda's (or insert car manuf. here) fault or Sennheiser's fault, etc.
bripab007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:15 PM   #55
SheridanMac
macrumors newbie

I purchased a Plantronics M50 bluetooth headset for use with my iPhone 4 earlier this year to listen to podcasts and such while outside. Worked fine. I bought the iPhone 5 and it became impossible to use while outdoors due to frequent dropouts. I went in to the Apple Store and they exchanged my phone on the spot, but had the same exact issues. Next I went to Plantronics and fairly easily got a warranty replacement M50 sent to me. Still same issue with replacement headset and replacement phone. Curiously it works fine when inside my apartment, but when outside it suffers frequent dropouts unless I hold the phone at chest level close to body (kind of defeating the purpose of why I use bluetooth). Will either company publicly address this?
SheridanMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:52 PM   #56
chipfiev
macrumors newbie

So, has anyone had a chance to see if 6.0.1 has fixed these bluetooth audio issues?
chipfiev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:38 AM   #57
alanplum
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipfiev View Post
So, has anyone had a chance to see if 6.0.1 has fixed these bluetooth audio issues?
It doesn't. I get choppiness through both Bluetooth and Airplay.

Sometimes, music get so badly corrupt, I have to delete all my songs and re-download them from the cloud. That's the only way I can fix mine.
alanplum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:05 PM   #58
a.jfred
macrumors 6502

And updating my own ... it seems to be hit or miss with mine. Sometimes it connects just fine, but most times it won't, which is ridiculously frustrating.
a.jfred is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:43 PM   #59
bigwillsmall
macrumors newbie

bluetooth / ipad mini / Bose Soundlink Bluetooth

Just to add to the conversation, I have a Bose Soundlink Bluetooth that I just bought about a month ago and has been working great with my Android phone and my Macbook Air. However when I pair it with my iPad it gets really choppy. I never have problems with it with my phone. Look forward to following the issue and seeing it resolved.
Thanks.
bigwillsmall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:43 AM   #60
jonnyb098
macrumors 6502a

This still has not been fixed in iOS 6.0.1. Hoping it gets fixed in 6.1. Pandora streams through bluetooth fine but the music app is totally messed up. Plus Home sharing has been completely destroyed in iOS 6. Constantly have to go to settings and log-out and then log-in to get it to work. In iOS 5 it just freakin' worked.
jonnyb098 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:53 AM   #61
iASS
macrumors newbie

I am STILL having micro cut-outs in the music when I play musiv via my Bluetooth stereo headset.

I have the following models, and ALL of them have the same problems (although the Beats Wireless are the worst, actually stopping on me at times):

Nokia BH 505

Jabra Halo 2

Beats Wireless by Monster

What I have noticed is that the bluetooth seems to be easily influenced... there is some interference.

For instance, when I pass street where there are trafic signals, as soon as I pass the trafic signal, there are many cut-outs in the music!

That happens EVERY time, so it is NOT a coincidence.

Any ideas?

The bluetooth problems came straight after iOS 6.... so why didn't they fix it with iOS 6.01?!?!?

I have given up writing to Apple about this... Apple doesn't seem to care about its customers!
iASS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:31 PM   #62
jonnyb098
macrumors 6502a

Can anyone confirm if the bluetooth problems have been fixed in iOS 6.1 beta 4?
jonnyb098 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:49 PM   #63
Sylon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb098 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the bluetooth problems have been fixed in iOS 6.1 beta 4?
I didn't see the problems until beta 4, however, I didn't really have a use for Bluetooth streaming until a few days ago when I bought my Jambox. I only see the skipping when streaming music from my onboard library, not when using a music service like Pandora.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:25 PM   #64
joedemartino
macrumors newbie

Software issue, not hardware issue

It looks like this is definitely a software issue and not a hardware issue. I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I previously had an iphone 4 (NOT 4S). I had not updated to iOS6, mainly because of the maps debacle. My phone worked perfectly in my vehicle which has Uconnect (bluetooth). As soon as I got the iPhone 5, the streaming audio was choppy, would cut out completely every few minutes. The phone still paired, and phone calls still worked well (as far as I can tell), but the streaming audio, whether from my playlist or Pandora or wherever, all were choppy. Sounded like the old days when a CD would skip. It still played, but annoying as hell. Called Apple, got the whole "backup and restore" response, which I tried and did nothing. So I went down to the Apple retail store, talked with them, they acknowledged there is a "known issue" with the bluetooth on the iPhone 5 and that it would be addressed with an update. I thought maybe they just didn't want to give me a new phone, as my concern was that the bluetooth module in my phone itself may be bad. They said it was not a hardware issue, told me if it was, my bluetooth wouldn't work at all. Not being one to take anyone's word for it, even if they are a "genius", I decided I would purchase a bluetooth portable speaker (wanted one anyway), and that if both the speaker and my vehicle had problems, I was getting a new phone no matter what they said. I purchased the Philips Soundshooter (great little portable speaker BTW), and went home to complete my test. The Soundshooter streamed music flawlessly for over an hour. I even ran in front of it, placed objects in between the phone and the speaker, even put the speaker in a different room than the phone, still no issues. So clearly the bluetooth module in my phone is not bad. What is puzzling is that the Soundshooter is only listed as being BT2.1 version compliant. So I don't get why some of these devices have problems and some don't. It must be a software issue with the devices and the Iphone. I also called Uconnect (Jeep support), they said that officially they don't even show they support the iPhone 5 yet, and acknowledged that they also have been working on a software update that I will eventually have to get from the dealer. So it could be an Apple software issue, a Bluetooth V4 software issue, a Jeep software issue, or a combination of of one or all of these. Hopefully it will come soon, but at least I have the piece of mind that my phone is not defective.
joedemartino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 09:26 AM   #65
higgibaby
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyP View Post
I have a 2012 VW GTI. I still have controls but my sound quality is lower too. The sounds is choppy and distorted now. I'm pissed!
Have you found any solutions for this?
higgibaby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:22 PM   #66
kerrymansfield
macrumors newbie

Unhappy VW + iPhone Bluetooth issues

Even though I had not updated my iOS software, one day out of nowhere my VW Tiguan TSI (2012) stopped allowing me to control my phone connected via Bluetooth with the car nav. screen controls. VW refuses to fix the problem on there end and was very disrespectful of the issue.
Has anyone tried to bring their VW to the dealership to address the issue?
kerrymansfield is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:31 PM   #67
blueroom
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymansfield View Post
Even though I had not updated my iOS software, one day out of nowhere my VW Tiguan TSI (2012) stopped allowing me to control my phone connected via Bluetooth with the car nav. screen controls. VW refuses to fix the problem on there end and was very disrespectful of the issue.
Car manufactures updating firmware, it'll never happen unless they're facing a lawsuit.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:26 PM   #68
kerrymansfield
macrumors newbie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroom View Post
Car manufactures updating firmware, it'll never happen unless they're facing a lawsuit.
Ironically they've updated the system firmware twice in the past 5 months because my navigation system was telling me to go in completely opposite directions from my actual destination.
Of course, they've never bothered to actually do a hard restart on the system because whenever I get the car back all of my settings are still there. I asked them to do a hard restart three times and they apparently aren't capable of it.
I had two Honda CRV's for a total of 6 years and only had to take them in for oil changes. Seems to me like getting a VW was a big mistake.
kerrymansfield is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:06 AM   #69
pdqgp
macrumors 65816

Has anyone tries turning off wifi? In the car mine has been fine but began acting up in my new home theater. Turning off wifi cured any cutting out.

Not sure if those having issues in a car will benefit
pdqgp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2013, 07:03 AM   #70
scapegoat81
macrumors 6502

I wonder if this is a jailbreak issue ? I just purchased a Big Jambox & music on my 4S (6.1) over Bluetooth was very choppy compared to my wife's non jaibroken 4S (also on 6.1)
Very frustrating & I would love to know if there's a fix via Cydia tweak or Mobile Terminal...... Devs ?
scapegoat81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 08:07 AM   #71
a.jfred
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymansfield View Post
My 2012 Jetta was in for it's yearly check-up, and I mentioned about the bluetooth issues with the music app, because I'd updated my OS. I told them it's a firmware issue, and the receiver needs an update. Their response? A Hard Reset on the module, and then told me that if it still doesn't work, to schedule an appointment so they can take however many hours it'll take to diagnose the problem.

I'm pretty sure I did a huge facepalm.

There's a second dealership in the area. I'm going to try that one when I'm on vacation next and see if they're any more helpful. Or I'll have one of my guy friends go in with my car, say the exact same thing and see what happens.
a.jfred is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6