Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:55 AM   #1
bobbyroller
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Installation Media for 13 rmbp

I just bought a 13 retina macbook pro and I noticed that it doesn't include a Mountain Lion restore flash drive. When did they stop giving you the reinstallation flash drive or DVD's whith their computers?

Where are a download the Mountain Lion DMG so I can restore my Mac?
__________________
Blackbook (Latest Gen)| 2.4 GHz| 6 GB RAM| 250 GB SSD| Windows 7 Professional Partition| 5th Gen Ipod Video 30 Gb| White iPhone 4 16 Gb Verizon
bobbyroller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:15 AM   #2
Barna Biro
macrumors 6502a
 
Barna Biro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LU, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyroller View Post
I just bought a 13 retina macbook pro and I noticed that it doesn't include a Mountain Lion restore flash drive. When did they stop giving you the reinstallation flash drive or DVD's whith their computers?

Where are a download the Mountain Lion DMG so I can restore my Mac?
They stopped giving it quite a while ago... if you want the DMG, you'll need to buy a copy of ML from the store. Then you can download the purchased ML and do whatever you please with it.

PS: Or you can buy an USB from Apple with ML on it... but rather just get the software and create your own bootable USB stick.
Barna Biro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Ccrew
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyroller View Post
I just bought a 13 retina macbook pro and I noticed that it doesn't include a Mountain Lion restore flash drive. When did they stop giving you the reinstallation flash drive or DVD's whith their computers?
I hate to be commander obvious but there's a good reason they don't include restore media on DVD for a rMBP
Ccrew is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Mr MM
macrumors 65816
 
Mr MM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barna Biro View Post
They stopped giving it quite a while ago... if you want the DMG, you'll need to buy a copy of ML from the store. Then you can download the purchased ML and do whatever you please with it.

PS: Or you can buy an USB from Apple with ML on it... but rather just get the software and create your own bootable USB stick.
there is no USB stick with ML. you can make one, apple doesnt sell one.

For the op to get the DMG for ML is simple, go to the app store and download the dmg. There are several ways to save the DMG to a thumb drive so you can install from there.

or the op can do a internet recovery.

They have stopped the giving of DVDs last year with lion.
Mr MM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:40 AM   #5
Ccrew
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MM View Post
there is no USB stick with ML. you can make one, apple doesnt sell one.

For the op to get the DMG for ML is simple, go to the app store and download the dmg. There are several ways to save the DMG to a thumb drive so you can install from there.

or the op can do a internet recovery.

They have stopped the giving of DVDs last year with lion.
http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/25/how-t...mountain-lion/
Ccrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CCC of existing Mavericks Installation on cMBP to new rMBP Knuckleheadz MacBook Pro 3 Jan 9, 2014 12:21 PM
burn OS X installation media to bootable .iso? RedCroissant Mac Basics and Help 2 Apr 8, 2013 05:20 PM
Awful OSX battery life after Boot Camp installation on rMBP BMWNEW MacBook Pro 3 Dec 6, 2012 06:27 PM
Best guide for 15" rMBP Win7 USB installation? Spetsnazos MacBook Pro 2 Nov 20, 2012 04:24 PM
Web Media Developer: rMBP as a work machine + Media Hub vs. Desktop + Air taylord22 Buying Tips and Advice 4 Oct 28, 2012 10:43 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC