Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

View Poll Results: Who Can't Wait For Real Racing 3 To Be Released?
I can't wait! 17 58.62%
I don't care when it's released. 12 41.38%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:49 PM   #1
069532
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
Real Racing 3

Real Racing 3 will be the first game in the Real Racing series to feature real world tracks, such as the Indy 500 track in Indianapolis and Silverstone Circuit in the UK. The game will also feature a lineup of real cars from Porsche, Audi, and Dodge, and will allow 22 cars to participate in a race at one time.

When Apple demonstrated the iPhone 5 last month, one of the games they used to show off the graphical power of the device was Real Racing 3. The game has amazing graphics that are aimed for fully using the capabilities of the new A6x chip in the iPhone 5 and the new iPad 4g. It also has a feature I can't say I've ever seen in a racing game before: time-shifted multiplayer.

Real Racing 3 saves your friends' times when they race, letting you play against their best laps even when they're not online. If you've played a racing game in the last two decades, you'll note that this sounds a heck of a lot like a ghost run, which is far from unique.

It's actually very different from a straight ghost run. Unlike a ghost run, your friends will actually be on the track, rather than ephemeral vehicles from the great beyond. You can actively bump your friends off the track if you want.

Which brings us to the question: how does that even work? If their lap is pre-recorded and you bump them off the track, won't that alter the space-time continuum? Will reality cease to exist? Yes and no.

If you alter the path of one of your friends' recorded laps, the AI takes over, righting the ship and getting them back on track. Their lap time would be a little slower than what it originally was, but they'll still come in pretty close to how they would have finished, save for the impact of your interference. That AI is actually on a sliding scale, though. If their initial lap time was exceptionally good, the AI will actually be much better at getting them back on course. On the flip side, a crummy initial time will dumb down the AI, leaving them in the dirt for longer.

Effectively it's the closest thing to racing one of your buddies without actually having to coordinate a playdate. It's also pretty remarkable to see this sort of feature being integrated into a racing franchise that remains exclusive to mobile devices.

Real Racing 3 is planned for release on iOS and Android devices this fall.

It should be available for: iPhone 4, 4s, and 5 - iPod Touch 4g and 5g - iPad 2, 3, and 4 - iPad Mini



Thanks To:
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...of-time-travel
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...cing-3-for-ios

Visit My Other Forum For:
Need For Speed Most Wanted iOS
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...1#post16127081
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	65
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	371980   Click image for larger version

Name:	minibig2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	371981   Click image for larger version

Name:	real-racing-3-ios-1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	533.9 KB
ID:	371982  

Click image for larger version

Name:	real-racing-3-pre-alpha-ingame.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	371983   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumb_real-racing-3-001_flv.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	371985  
__________________

Last edited by 069532; Oct 24, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
069532 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:50 AM   #2
069532
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
Just Heard the Release Date of RR3!

The release date of Real Racing 3 should be on or near December 4, 2012!
I will let you all know if I find out the exact release date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	real-racing-3-trailer.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	375208  
__________________
069532 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:49 AM   #3
The Game 161
macrumors 68040
 
The Game 161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Be a good buy... Bet it kills the battery though
The Game 161 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:33 AM   #4
TJ61
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game 161 View Post
Be a good buy... Bet it kills the battery though
Playing anything for 10 hours straight without a break kills the battery.

Regards,
Tom
TJ61 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:16 AM   #5
069532
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
New Real Racing 3 Pictures

Just found some new, just released images from the soon to be released Real Racing 3 game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	788.8 KB
ID:	380175  
__________________
069532 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:56 PM   #6
069532
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
Release Date of Real Racing 3 Update

The release date of Real Racing 3 has to happen in the next week. For the week of Christmas, the app store is essentially frozen-�� no app submissions, no denials, and no shifting of the charts most importantly. I am guessing that if they are going to release it before the end of the year, they will wait until right before this chart freeze. They know the app will be at the top of the app store once it gets accepted, but they might be worried it will fall off relatively soon. By posting and submitting it right before the freeze, they will have assured themselves a prime spot in the charts all throughout Christmas week; a week that is in fact the busiest week of the year on the App Store. It would certainly be a 'smart' move, but a company has to do what makes sense to them. The release of RR3 should happen on or before Thursday of next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RR3_screen01_656x369.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	383164  
__________________
069532 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:17 AM   #7
BillEdrich
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Seems a great game! Images look quite awesome.

And as someone above rightly said, any game for 10 hours straight will definitely kill the battery. But I've not played any game straight for 10 hours :P
BillEdrich is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:47 AM   #8
sagejyoung
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 069532 View Post
Real Racing 3 will be the first game in the Real Racing series to feature real world tracks, such as the Indy 500 track in Indianapolis and Silverstone Circuit in the UK. The game will also feature a lineup of real cars from Porsche, Audi, and Dodge, and will allow 22 cars to participate in a race at one time.

When Apple demonstrated the iPhone 5 last month, one of the games they used to show off the graphical power of the device was Real Racing 3. The game has amazing graphics that are aimed for fully using the capabilities of the new A6x chip in the iPhone 5 and the new iPad 4g. It also has a feature I can't say I've ever seen in a racing game before: time-shifted multiplayer.

Real Racing 3 saves your friends' times when they race, letting you play against their best laps even when they're not online. If you've played a racing game in the last two decades, you'll note that this sounds a heck of a lot like a ghost run, which is far from unique.

It's actually very different from a straight ghost run. Unlike a ghost run, your friends will actually be on the track, rather than ephemeral vehicles from the great beyond. You can actively bump your friends off the track if you want.

Which brings us to the question: how does that even work? If their lap is pre-recorded and you bump them off the track, won't that alter the space-time continuum? Will reality cease to exist? Yes and no.

If you alter the path of one of your friends' recorded laps, the AI takes over, righting the ship and getting them back on track. Their lap time would be a little slower than what it originally was, but they'll still come in pretty close to how they would have finished, save for the impact of your interference. That AI is actually on a sliding scale, though. If their initial lap time was exceptionally good, the AI will actually be much better at getting them back on course. On the flip side, a crummy initial time will dumb down the AI, leaving them in the dirt for longer.

Effectively it's the closest thing to racing one of your buddies without actually having to coordinate a playdate. It's also pretty remarkable to see this sort of feature being integrated into a racing franchise that remains exclusive to mobile devices.

Real Racing 3 is planned for release on iOS and Android devices this fall.

It should be available for: iPhone 4, 4s, and 5 - iPod Touch 4g and 5g - iPad 2, 3, and 4 - iPad Mini



Thanks To:
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...of-time-travel
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...cing-3-for-ios

Visit My Other Forum For:
Need For Speed Most Wanted iOS
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...1#post16127081
Wow guys well done - the graphics on this are spectacular! Im impressed and will do a download for support.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 069532 View Post
Just found some new, just released images from the soon to be released Real Racing 3 game.
The detail on those is something else hey. I can appreciate the effort taken to get this right.
sagejyoung is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:32 PM   #9
069532
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
RR3 Is Now POSTPONED To Late February 2013

Real Racing 3 has now been postponed to late February 2013 for adjustments.
This is what Firemonkeys "Ones who are making RR3" has to say:

"While we originally announced Real Racing 3 would be releasing in calendar year 2012, we have decided to take a little more time to get it absolutely right. We want to deliver an experience that resets the bar for racing games on mobile and we look forward to launching Real Racing 3 with all of its amazing new features and content by the end of February 2013.

We understand this news may upset some people and we apologize for making everyone wait a little longer. This extra polish will make a great deal of difference. Thanks for your patience!"

I personally don't mind waiting for the game, as long as they are making the game better than it already is.

I will be updating you guys with more information when I get it.
__________________
069532 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:39 AM   #10
TJ61
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Ouch, missing the Christmas break when so many people will have time on their hands? Oh, well, once more through the RR2 circuit. After all, I just caught on to "drafting" behind the lead car until the last lap. Sooo much better than trying to take and hold an early lead.

Regards,
Tom
TJ61 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 02:12 AM   #11
iMac4Ever56
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Big Apple
Send a message via AIM to iMac4Ever56
Will Real Racing 3 Play on My 2009 24inch Apple Widescreen iMac Computer? I Heard there making it for Mac Computers as well?


but i'm buying it for My Apple iPhone
__________________
I Love My 2009 24inch Apple iMac Computer

Last edited by iMac4Ever56; Jan 6, 2013 at 02:18 AM.
iMac4Ever56 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:22 AM   #12
069532
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
Real racing 3 release date!

The release date of Real Racing 3 is now February 28th of 2013!
__________________
069532 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:07 PM   #13
069532
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
Here's my full update on Real Racing 3

Real Racing 3 will launch worldwide on February 28th. You'll be able to download for FREE on iPhone, iPad, and Android!

Today we announced Real Racing 3 will be free. And yes, Real Racing 3 was designed from the ground up to be a free to play experience. We are so excited about this game and wanted it to be accessible to everyone so we didn't want there to be any barriers to entry. This accessibility is also what drives the awesome new Time Shifted Multiplayer feature, in that you can play competitive multiplayer with anyone any time, and they don't need to be online with you at the same time.
At launch we have 46 licensed vehicles covering 3 classes, a 22 car grid, real world tracks, 8 varied event types and 900+ events. This means hundreds of hours of gameplay for free making this one of the most expansive games ever on mobile. We plan to continue to add more free and exciting content with every update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	604044_10151438704639292_636789836_n.png
Views:	13
Size:	729.8 KB
ID:	396190   Click image for larger version

Name:	531567_10151438751984292_1638368769_n.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	396191   Click image for larger version

Name:	real-racing-3-pagani.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	396192  

__________________

Last edited by 069532; Feb 11, 2013 at 06:00 PM.
069532 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:56 AM   #14
Usehername
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Looks good, can't wait.
Usehername is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:25 AM   #15
jabingla2810
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gutted about it going to freemium.

I hope they give us an in app purcahse to "buy the game" for 4.99 or something.

Such a shame, another great series ruined by EA.
__________________
2.4 Alu Macbook 2GB 250GB

Last edited by jabingla2810; Feb 13, 2013 at 06:43 AM.
jabingla2810 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:27 AM   #16
ohho
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Now available on New Zealand AppStore ...
__________________
iOS app developer, from http://ho.race.hk/
ohho is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:21 PM   #17
err404
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I 'was' excited about the game... now I'm conflicted.
err404 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:01 PM   #18
069532
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
Real Racing 3 Update

Real Racing 3 has already been released in New Zealand and Australia. It will be released everywhere else February 28th, as I had stated in my last update. Here are some most recent pictures from the game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Real-Racing-3-01-1024x768.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	398220   Click image for larger version

Name:	oWM3wbX.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	398221  
__________________

Last edited by 069532; Feb 20, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
069532 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:52 AM   #19
BlankStar
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Belgium
Feb 28th, there is no Feb 29th this year ;-)

Been playing the game for almost a week now and I must say it's awesome. The fact that it's freemium does not ruin the game at all.
When you trash your car it needs to be fixed, after doing a lot of races you'll need to change the oil, brakes, etc. These things take real life time. From 1 to 45 minutes and with a special currency you can skip the wait.
But, you're free to race with other cars in the mean time so my advice when you start playing: save up for a second car as fast as you can :-) And then switch cars while one is being repaired :-)
BlankStar is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:58 AM   #20
prdlacky
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
And we already know RR3 is without map viewing support on Airplay :-/
prdlacky is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:52 PM   #21
jimcainglet
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
This game is pretty awesome! Been playing this for 3 days already! I love it!
__________________
2012 MacBook Air 13", iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5th Gen
jimcainglet is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:10 PM   #22
069532
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
2 More Days!

The wait is almost over! We only have two more days left, then the best racing game ever made for iOS will be available for you to purchase for FREE!

As you may know Real Racing 3 was already released in the New Zealand iTunes Store. It's a freemium game.

* Here is a guide to get the game without creating a New Zealand account.

1.Open iTunes
2.Click on your email on top and click there on "Account"
3.Now in the field Apple ID Summary click on "Change Country or Region"
4.Select "New Zealand"
5.Type in any address and chose payment option "None"
6.Now you have to agree all the Terms of Service
7.Search for "Real Racing 3" and start downloading.
8.Have fun!

* When you have finished the download and sync to your phone you can revert everything and change everything to your country.

It worked for me in the US, and the game is AWESOME!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2013-02-13ahtkmr.png
Views:	8
Size:	762.5 KB
ID:	399475   Click image for larger version

Name:	T1MvIzY.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	399477   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130218-120235.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	399478  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130218-115941.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	399479   Click image for larger version

Name:	realracing-porsche.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	681.6 KB
ID:	399480  
__________________

Last edited by 069532; Feb 26, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
069532 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:03 PM   #23
StintheBeast
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cambridge
Mac

Will it be released on the mac app store tomorrow?
__________________
2012 13" MacBook Pro
Broadwell, Y U Delayed??
StintheBeast is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:41 PM   #24
adam044
macrumors 65816
 
adam044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston
Is this dropping at midnight? What time zone im in the East
__________________
13" Late 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz > iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey AT&T > iPad 4 > Apple TV 3
adam044 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:46 PM   #25
069532
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Georgia
It Should Be Released Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam044 View Post
Is this dropping at midnight? What time zone im in the East
Everyone has been saying that RR3 should be released between 11:00pm - 12:00pm Eastern Time tonight (2/27/2013). Don't know if this is true or not. I guess we will find out in the next hour!
__________________
069532 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC