Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
When did you get your new hire paperwork. Mine was supposed to be here today, but tracking status changed to N/A so I called FedEx about it and they said the package hasn't been picked up yet. If it gets picked up today FedEx told me that I would have it tomorrow by 10:30AM. My new hire orientation call is scheduled for tomorrow at 2:30PM.

Thank you for clarifying. I just downloaded and opened it up. Wow... 800 something pages here. Anyone dared to print this out? lol

and...

From what I was told as well as what is written in my official offer, it seems like it would be a good idea not to make any personal plans based on the assumption that you'll ONLY be working 20hrs a week. I'm estimating around 30 hours / week. Can anyone already working as a part-time At Home Advisor verify this?

I didn't dare print it ... I will print chapters as needed.. lol

catbite777

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
Do you think there are multiple 11/26 classes being held, or just a single big class?

She didn't mention anything about multiple classes. But for me to draw conclusions based on the limited info we've been given would imply I have an understanding of the Apple hiring process, which we have learned is vague and complex at best.[/QUOTE]

catbite777 didn't you mention asking and being told it was cpu? I'm hoping so.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did specifically ask and was told CPU, but I haven't done paperwork yet so I would think Stukenbroeker's information would be more accurate than mine. My paperwork isn't until Thursday. Is yours tomorrow?

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA
She didn't mention anything about multiple classes. But for me to draw conclusions based on the limited info we've been given would imply I have an understanding of the Apple hiring process, which we have learned is vague and complex at best.

catbite777 didn't you mention asking and being told it was cpu? I'm hoping so.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did specifically ask and was told CPU, but I haven't done paperwork yet so I would think Stukenbroeker's information would be more accurate than mine. My paperwork isn't until Thursday. Is yours tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Yep it's at 2:30p so I'll let you know what I find out.

fizzydunlop

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
The training is 5-6 weeks correct? This is fulltime paid training right?

I'm waiting on the hireright background check to complete :eek: it's been the longest most nervous wait of my life lol! I really want this job!

I was told I'd be in the 11/26 class as well but I know that could change depending on how long the background process takes.

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
Also, how busy are you exactly? As soon as you hang up from one call does the phone instantly ring for the next?

I was told to expect it to be back-to-back, but in reality there are usually a couple of minutes between calls. They want you prepared to take them quickly though as at times it will be that way.

Also, from what I understand iOS is busier than CPU, so it'd make since for them to add more people to that queue. I'm hoping the 11/26 group are actually multiple classes though. It sounds like there are too many for one class anyway. I'd prefer to be in CPU anyway because it's more fun than dealing with phones all day.

Blue33

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
catbite777 didn't you mention asking and being told it was cpu? I'm hoping so.

Yes, I did specifically ask and was told CPU, but I haven't done paperwork yet so I would think Stukenbroeker's information would be more accurate than mine. My paperwork isn't until Thursday. Is yours tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Yep it's at 2:30p so I'll let you know what I find out.[/QUOTE]

My 3rd interviewer told me it was CPU. I'm in the 11/26 part time for the ones that don't know yet lol. Now that I think about it my recruiter (the one that send me the letter and called me) told me on my 2nd interview that my hours were as follow: You will work Mondays and Wednesday and friday for 3 hours and Saturdays 8 hours. I really hope this is not the case but whatever....And Im also thinking there are multiple classes with the same date because on our conference call the lady mention there were about 40-50 people on that one.

Blue33

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
You can disable Comcast call waiting with *70. I'm using Comcast for my current job.

----------

Congratulations!

Thanks for that info. I called again and lady was really helpful. Today I called to get the line and the guy was even better. He disable every feature for me, hook my internet speed up, and they are coming to install the cable line in what will be my office. I want them to test it that way I don't run into some technical difficulties on training day 1. Well, that is out of the way. Now I just got to figured out the type of desk and chair. After that is daycare and I'm all set :)

Stukenbroeker

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
The training is 5-6 weeks correct? This is fulltime paid training right?

I'm waiting on the hireright background check to complete :eek: it's been the longest most nervous wait of my life lol! I really want this job!

I was told I'd be in the 11/26 class as well but I know that could change depending on how long the background process takes.

In the paperwork session for 11/26 I was told our training would last 4 weeks. I am part time, 11/26 class and was told iOS, just to reiterate. I was also told there was over 40 people in the paperwork session. Don't know how that reflects on the actual class size.

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
Did your recruiter verbally communicate with you that there are two different classes for this job: iOS and CPU? If so, can you provide more details about that? No one from Apple has communicated this to me, nor can I find any mention of this in any of the documentation, official offer or emails I have on file.

The recruiter told me about the call volume, but I don't know anything about the 11/26 class as far as how many there are.

Jerseyleoal

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
I applied for the at home care position with my resume this morning at 2:30 am. At 8:30 I got an email asking some basic questions about if I could have a desk and a phone etc. At 3 pm I got a call and was asked about my computer knowledge. After that she scheduled me for a phone interview for Wednesday at 3:30. I was wondering what kind of questiOns should I look for.

melowsan

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
Finally got my paperwork in about an hour ago! I guess I'm all set for my Paperwork Session tomorrow. Congrats to all that have made it in recently. And to my 11/26 family, I look forward to learning with you.

To my classmates:
If you would like, you can PM me and I'll give you my email and FaceTime info. Hopefully we can be of help to one another!

Also, does anyone know if an ID is required to sign for the equipment when it is delivered? I know a signature is required, but I will potentially be out of town when it arrives.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I am in 11/26 class also!
Just wondering how many of you here is in same class. I'd like to be in contact via email/PM/FaceTime/Facebook...etc:)

I received paperwork last week and waiting for paperwork session on Thr.

I have silly question here:
I am not sure what exactly are OS and CPU...:confused:
When I got my offer, I was told I am dealing with iTunes as my job.
And helping customers via phone and Internet.

Also, have anybody bought desk and chair yet?
I was going to wait till Black Friday for better deal, but it will be too late:(

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
Hi,
(

Oh, that's interesting. Don't come across many doing that. You'll be dealing strictly with iTunes issues of all sorts. Supporting customers via phone, email, chat.

Stukenbroeker

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Hi,
I am in 11/26 class also!
Just wondering how many of you here is in same class. I'd like to be in contact via email/PM/FaceTime/Facebook...etc:)

I received paperwork last week and waiting for paperwork session on Thr.

I have silly question here:
I am not sure what exactly are OS and CPU...:confused:

Also, have anybody bought desk and chair yet?
I was going to wait till Black Friday for better deal, but it will be too late:(

I'm in the 11/26 class. You can PM me for FaceTime and email info.

iOS will be dealing with mobile devices such as iPhone, iPod, iPad, while CPU will be computer based.

As far as the desk goes, in my paperwork session earlier we were actually encouraged not to purchase furniture until we start training. Deals can be had, and we'll have a better idea of what they want us to have after the first bit of the class.

Hope this helps!

calvert6183

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2008
Yep, an iPod Touch during training. It does have to be returned though.

Oh ok, like returned when we quit/change positions like the iMac or as in returned after training? Also, for the part timers, is this just seasonal or is it for the long run. I need to know that ill have a job after the season is up.

applelover4u

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2012
I was told to expect it to be back-to-back, but in reality there are usually a couple of minutes between calls. They want you prepared to take them quickly though as at times it will be that way.

Also, from what I understand iOS is busier than CPU, so it'd make since for them to add more people to that queue. I'm hoping the 11/26 group are actually multiple classes though. It sounds like there are too many for one class anyway. I'd prefer to be in CPU anyway because it's more fun than dealing with phones all day.

Both are busy and they are back to back calls. I mean some times you mean have some minutes between calls but expect back to back..

When u first take calls they will not be back to back because your getting groomed in

----------

I already work for apple as a advisor through a 3rd party employer contractor. I work cpu dept...

I applied for this at home job today directly with apple and I'm hoping I get it.

How long after you submit your resume do they contact you back?

It seems like they should hire me right away. I don't even need to go to training since I'm a direct fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.