Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Alex0077
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Athens
best media - movie player for iPhone 5?

Hello! I used AvPlayer but unfortunately there isn't in the appstore now.. So.. which is the best media - movie player now? (and updated for iPhone 5) ?? Tell me your opinions
Alex0077 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex0077 View Post
Hello! I used AvPlayer but unfortunately there isn't in the appstore now.. So.. which is the best media - movie player now? (and updated for iPhone 5) ?? Tell me your opinions
It's playing - see my yesterday's article in the iPad forum here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1484226
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:52 PM   #3
Bathplug
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Plex
Bathplug is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Alfonsomac
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Guys i need help.

I've been searching a good player for a long time.
I've got an iPhone 5, so i want to buy an iPhone 5 ready player.
But i would see on it many .mkv with .srt subtitles, and here comes the issues.
Many of them, as someone reported, doesn't support anymore many audio codec for .mkv files; even Buzzplayer. Many of them use the MKV hardware acceleration but i can't listen the audio tracks.
Is there a good player which just do its job?

Playing smoothly .mkv with .srt; i don't ask for more.

Thanks
Alfonsomac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 03:16 AM   #5
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonsomac View Post
Guys i need help.

I've been searching a good player for a long time.
I've got an iPhone 5, so i want to buy an iPhone 5 ready player.
But i would see on it many .mkv with .srt subtitles, and here comes the issues.
Many of them, as someone reported, doesn't support anymore many audio codec for .mkv files; even Buzzplayer. Many of them use the MKV hardware acceleration but i can't listen the audio tracks.
Is there a good player which just do its job?

Playing smoothly .mkv with .srt; i don't ask for more.

Thanks
It's Playing both has AC-3 support (still - not guaranteed for future versions!), iPhone 5 and SRT support - and plays back MKV's HW accelerated.
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:46 PM   #6
Alex0077
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Athens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
It's Playing both has AC-3 support (still - not guaranteed for future versions!), iPhone 5 and SRT support - and plays back MKV's HW accelerated.
I am searching for somewhat more reliable ..
Alex0077 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:57 PM   #7
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex0077 View Post
I am searching for somewhat more reliable ..
You mean future AC-3 support? Then, jailbreaking will be your friend when it's made possible - XBMC and probably RushPlayer+ won't remove it.

Alternatively, CineXPlayer won't surely remove it either - but it's not, as of the current version, as good a player as, say, It's Playing or XBMC (see my review at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16182608 )
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:00 PM   #8
Harrysu
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Try AVS Media Player, It's been updated for iPhone 5 and plays all the major formats.
Harrysu is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cannot transfer movie files to WD Elements Play HDD (media player) locistheunit Mac Basics and Help 1 Feb 1, 2013 07:37 AM
REVIEW: New ver.: the only iPhone media player with flawless AC3 support, CineXPlayer Menneisyys2 iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Dec 19, 2012 02:19 PM
Review: Movie Player HD+ renamed to Media Player PRO; gets update Menneisyys2 iPad Apps 0 Nov 26, 2012 07:00 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC