Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Continuing the seemingly endless patent lawsuits between Apple and Samsung, Apple today argued that Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet infringes on its patents, as well as Samsung's implementation of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system on its devices.

Apple has also said it wants to add a number of Samsung products with stylus pens to its lawsuit as well, Bloomberg reports.

NewImage4.png
Andrew Liao, an Apple attorney, told Grewal today that the Galaxy Nexus is the only phone with Jelly Bean that Apple seeks to add to the patent complaint. Liao also said Apple wants to add 17 devices that could use a stylus even though the products don't ship with a stylus.

Victoria Maroulis, an attorney for Samsung, said the company wants to add only one product, the iPhone5, to its complaint. Maroulis said Samsung opposes the addition of "stylus products in 17 new devices" to Apple's claims.

"By adding the stylus, Apple is going to enlarge the case significantly," she said.
The case regarding the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Samsung's implementation of Jelly Bean is scheduled for trial in 2014. Judge Lucy Koh will also consider appeals in the previously decided Samsung v. Apple case in December.

Article Link: Apple Accuses Samsung's Version of Android and the Galaxy Note 10.1 of Infringing Patents

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
When will this boorish behavior by Apple and Samsung ever end? It's getting to the point that I hope both companies fail and fade away.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
So Apple hates Stylus but they are going after products that could use them. Ok.

These lawsuits need to end.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Oh... For crying out loud

Now its Android OS ? There is no evidence of this.

Leave Samsung alone, and get along with what Apple does best...

Making products...

Apples goal in life, now i see is to be ahead of everyone, even if it means suing everyone.

jontech

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2010
Hawaii
Those pesky Koreans and their tablet size phones

btw, where's the billion dollars you owe Apple?

Tim's thinking about buying Adobe with it....

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Seems lately, Apple's idea of "innovation" is over-charging and under-delivering.

slimbek

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Scheduled to start in 2014?! I really don't want to hear about this case for another 1.5-2 years before it even starts.

Seriously.
What is the point in suing a company for a product that no-one will care about by the time the court case rolls around!?

And I agree - MacRumors - please stop writing about this legal drivel.

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
I'd love to see what would happen if Samsung simply stopped supplying Apple with NAND flash memory and LCD screens.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Those pesky Koreans and their tablet size phones

btw, where's the billion dollars you owe Apple?

Tim's thinking about buying Adobe with it....

They don't owe Apple a dime yet.

And let's try and avoid being racist. Shall we?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.