Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:05 PM   #51
KAB2010
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherub View Post
Exactly - why WOULD you delete Cydia?! You're the one that tried to do it, so you tell me... Your phone wasn't hurt. It's back up & running now, thanks to the people here that you're now pissed at (you're welcome, by the way)... You survived!

While I'm at at it - I'll warn you not to take a bath with a toaster that's plugged in. Where you're from is Louisianna - not exactly the world capital of forward thinking - just saying. I really don't care what you do - go hit some dude you disagree with & see what "real-life consequences" you have to deal with.
Hmm.. you must've skipped the part where I said I have an absolutely perfect record and am a law abiding citizen. Louisiana sucks in a lot of ways, but it doesn't mean everyone here is stupid. Some of the best sports teams, hottest women, and the great outdoors?! I'll take that.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
lol. I didn't threaten anyone, just little people like you when they get their ego hurt start talking about physical violence behind their computer. I act the same online or in real life, If you saw me outside you wouldn't dare to step up period.
Now grow up and learn a lesson instead of still trying to point the finger to everyone but yourself.
Kids....

----------

I'll say what I want, when I want to.
You don't want other peoples thoughts go back to Facebook where you can delete negative comments.
Move along now troll.
KAB2010 is offline   0
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:11 PM   #52
ZCherub
macrumors 6502a

For a guy with a perfect record that doesn't start fights, you certainly talk about starting fights a lot... & this is to the people that just helped you get your $600 phone working again... :/

And not that this has anything to do with you (or even that this is the team that you were talking about), but eff the Saints. They need bounties to win a Superbowl....

iP4S (16GB) | 5.1.1 stock firmware
ZCherub is offline   1
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:19 PM   #53
KAB2010
macrumors 6502

Quote:
For a guy with a perfect record that doesn't start fights, you certainly talk about starting fights a lot... & this is to the people that just helped you get your $600 phone working again... :/

And not that this has anything to do with you (or even that this is the team that you were talking about), but eff the Saints. They need bounties to win a Superbowl....
The bounties were stupid of course. But that didn't contribute to winning at all, just making a few more dollars. Still waiting on Goodell to show some evidence that it's even absolutely true without a doubt!
KAB2010 is offline   -1
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:24 PM   #54
ZCherub
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB2010 View Post
The bounties were stupid of course. But that didn't contribute to winning at all, just making a few more dollars. Still waiting on Goodell to show some evidence that it's even absolutely true without a doubt!
I think that the bounties were incredibly unethical & unprofessional. In glad to see the Saints get their chops busted - but I also am not a fan of Goodell. My team is the Steelers. & while Harrison deserves some of the fines he got, the hit on McCoy was legal - BS fine/suspension IMO... Don't look for anything to be lifted by the league...

iP4S (16GB) | 5.1.1 stock firmware
ZCherub is offline   0
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:24 PM   #55
chestvrg
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I didn't call you any names, or threaten you in any way. "Physical intervention" in response to someone verbally pointing out your own error is how you end up with assault charges, jail time and a court order to give people like me all your money. That's not how the real world works, cowboy. Again - grow up, and stop doing stupid things with your phone.
A preemptive strike is necessary here :-)
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:26 PM   #56
HickDead
macrumors 6502a

a) WHY are people deleting Cydia?

b) WHY isn't this thread locked yet?
HickDead is offline   0
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:30 PM   #57
KAB2010
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickDead View Post
a) WHY are people deleting Cydia?

b) WHY isn't this thread locked yet?
A. I thought it might get rid of the jailbreak that was causing issues. Should've asked here first before doing it.

B. I'm not sure.
KAB2010 is offline   0
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:32 PM   #58
chestvrg
macrumors 6502a

OP listen, since you mentioned you had very slow Internet connection. Is there a way you can go to a nearby Starbucks to download the 5.1.1 IPSW file? You can also sign in as a guess at a University computer system where they have T1s and T3s Internet speeds. At my former university FIU, I used to pull like 106MBps down and like 86MBps up, a hught 365MB video file would be uploaded in seconds (and I mean seconds), they are amongst the fastest Internet speeds available and your IPSW file can be dowoaded in a flash. If not, there are plenty of local places that offer free wi-fi like AT&T and Starbucks, Donkin Donuts and so on...I hope this helps.

Once you download the 5.1.1 IPSW you should be ok, restore as new and use red snow to JB again and you'll be jail broken again ok.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:35 PM   #59
KAB2010
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I think that the bounties were incredibly unethical & unprofessional. In glad to see the Saints get their chops busted - but I also am not a fan of Goodell. My team is the Steelers. & while Harrison deserves some of the fines he got, the hit on McCoy was legal - BS fine/suspension IMO... Don't look for anything to be lifted by the league...
The Saints will be perfectly fine this year anyway IMO. Yeah I honestly cannot stand Goodell. He is only limiting football to cover his own butt from getting sued.

Sure would be an awesome story for the Saints to overcome and grow from all this and be the first team ever to host the Superbowl in their own city! I would love to see Goodell have to hand the Lombardi trophy over to his probably most hated team.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
OP listen, since you mention you had very slow Internet connection. Is there a way you can go to a nearby Starbucks to download the 5.1.1 IPSW file? You can also sign in as a guess at a University computer system where they have T1s and T3s Internet speeds. At my former university FIU, I used to pull like 106MBps down and like 86MBps up, a hught 365MB video file would be uploaded in seconds (and I mean seconds), they are amongst the fastest Internet speeds available and your IPSW file can be dowoaded in a flash. If not, there are plenty of local places that offer free wi-fi like AT&T and Starbucks, Donkin Donuts and so on...I hope this helps.

Once you download the 5.1.1 IPSW you should be ok, restore as new and use red snow to JB again and you'll be jail broken again ok.
I got my own internet to finally work, I just had to work around and not use iTunes for downloading the IPSW. It was miserably slow though. My university speeds are alright, but nothing near that. It's a smallish academic university and Louisiana politicians don't seem to care about academics anymore with all the budget cuts they keep bringing. Although we do have one of the best olympic lifting facilities in the USA. Thank you anyway though!
KAB2010 is offline   0
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:48 PM   #60
chestvrg
macrumors 6502a

Glad to hear, it was probably iTunes that was acting up on their end. Now you can re jail break.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:53 PM   #61
KAB2010
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
Glad to hear, it was probably iTunes that was acting up on their end. Now you can re jail break.
Already did that too! Lol. Yes, iTunes messes up literally everytime if my internet connection isn't fast. I wish they would do something with that program as my experience is generally negative with it, while all other programs I use there isn't an issue because of my connection.
KAB2010 is offline   0
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:33 PM   #62
chestvrg
macrumors 6502a

There is anew iTunes update available, maybe Apple will fix some of these bugs
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:31 AM   #63
maturola
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to maturola
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB2010 View Post
They, just like you, didn't give a single logical reason for them allowing you to delete Cydia
There are many reason to delete Cydia and yes there are way to do without messing things up, why would someone stop the user from doing anything? that would defeat the purpose of jailbreaking. If you want someone telling you how and what you can delete and what you cannot, stay away from Jailbreaking.
maturola is offline   0
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:21 AM   #64
Kmatzen0923
macrumors newbie

How can I install Cydia without restoring or rejailbraking my phone?
Is it possible?
Kmatzen0923 is offline   0
Old Oct 8, 2012, 04:46 AM   #65
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmatzen0923 View Post
How can I install Cydia without restoring or rejailbraking my phone?
Is it possible?
Nope, not possible without jailbreaking

A restore is not usually required.

Look for me here Jailbreak/Unlock Chart
dhlizard is offline   0
Old Oct 8, 2012, 09:07 AM   #66
thelatinist
macrumors 603

Kmatzen: I'm not clear -- is your phone currently jailbroken?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:53 PM   #67
sherrys137
macrumors newbie

Red face Deleted Cydia...Help

Dumb I know but I was trying to unjail break my phone and screwed it up instead

FAQS
I phone 4 iso 5.1.1
Rocky Racoon Jail break
Deleted Cydia

Tryed what I can find on this fourm

Please help
sherrys137 is offline   0