Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Try going to Calendar, Preferences, Alerts and checking the check box for shared calendar messages

:D I'll give that a shot, Invitations were Off and Shared Notifications were On. Exactly the opposite of what I wanted. Strange that it wasn't in the iCloud panel or Notifications settings. Thank you very much.

k2director

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2006
Dear Apple:

When I add a Reminder to my phone, why doesn't it show up quickly on my desktop Reminders app in Mountain Lion? Why do I have to relaunch Reminders on the Mac before I see all the Reminders I added recently? Why are those always annoying glitches like this with your iCloud apps?

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011
What? Apple actually updated a feature without waiting a full year for iOS 7 to make this a "new feature"? Say it ain't so!

no worries, they will fix the bugs and still they can call it new feature

----------

Dear Apple:

When I add a Reminder to my phone, why doesn't it show up quickly on my desktop Reminders app in Mountain Lion? Why do I have to relaunch Reminders on the Mac before I see all the Reminders I added recently? Why are those always annoying glitches like this with your iCloud apps?

They wish to blame Internet providers

FastTJR

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Must be some problem with your setup because it works for me. Reminders are pushed between iOS devices and my Mac as well. In fact, after creating the Reminder on my iPad with your test instructions, I never even woke my iPhone from sleep and it still alerted me. Plus my Mac popped up the alert in Notification Center. So not only do you not have to open your Reminders app, you don't even have to wake your iPhone.

Really love iCloud ever since Apple nailed down the integration with the release of iOS6 and Mountain Lion.

I fully agree that Reminders and the associated alerts are shared across devices, both OS X and iOS, in the way you indicate and it works very well for devices using the same Apple ID.
However... If you share a Reminder list with another person (which has the potential to be of great value), while the subject of the Reminders sync up just fine, alerts are not included.
So when I create and share a Reminder with my wife to buy beer (!) next time either of us are at Costco, the location based element of the Reminder does not appear on my wife's iOS device. The same is true for date/time alerts.
For me, this is a major shortfall in the sharing functionality.

extradryny

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2011
If you share a Reminder list with another person (which has the potential to be of great value), while the subject of the Reminders sync up just fine, alerts are not included.

Spent off and on over the last day trying to make alerts work across two users (Reminders without alerts, i.e., reminders, = no value). No luck. This can't possibly be by design, right? What am I missing?

stuckwithme247

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
Nice, but how about just fixing our webmail first? It really sucks.

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

While Apple added dedicated Notes and Reminders web apps to iCloud.com last month, the web-based implementation of Reminders left out at least one important feature: shared reminders.

OS X Mountain Lion users have been able to share reminders via the native Reminders app as of OS X 10.8.2, but Windows users and others needing to access iCloud via the service's website have been unable to set up new shared reminders. The feature is also missing from the Reminders app in iOS 6.

Within the past several days, Apple has apparently rolled out shared reminders for the Reminders web app on iCloud.com, bringing the functionality closer to par with the native Mac app. There appears to be no word yet on whether the functionality will be making its way into the iOS 6 Reminders app, but it does appear that Apple is heeding at least some calls for making the feature available across platforms.

(Thanks, Arthur!)

Article Link: Apple Adds Shared Reminders to iCloud.com Web App

rolledm

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
Apple has now added this feature to the Reminder web app on iCloud.com, which will now allow Windows users and others to share reminders via the web app.

TechnoBob

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
Share calendars but not reminders?

I share calendars with my wife (his, hers, and ours...very convenient), but I'd rather not share reminders with her. Most things I want to remind myself of are irrelevant to her -- and some (like holiday and anniversary gift shopping), I do not want her to see at all. FWIW, she feels the same way about her own reminders.

Is there a way to share Calendars but not Reminders on iCloud?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.