Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:45 PM   #26
SkippyThorson
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to SkippyThorson
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoCalrissian View Post
Try going to Calendar, Preferences, Alerts and checking the check box for shared calendar messages
I'll give that a shot, Invitations were Off and Shared Notifications were On. Exactly the opposite of what I wanted. Strange that it wasn't in the iCloud panel or Notifications settings. Thank you very much.
SkippyThorson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:14 PM   #27
k2director
macrumors member

Dear Apple:

When I add a Reminder to my phone, why doesn't it show up quickly on my desktop Reminders app in Mountain Lion? Why do I have to relaunch Reminders on the Mac before I see all the Reminders I added recently? Why are those always annoying glitches like this with your iCloud apps?
k2director is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:36 PM   #28
hamkor04
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
What? Apple actually updated a feature without waiting a full year for iOS 7 to make this a "new feature"? Say it ain't so!
no worries, they will fix the bugs and still they can call it new feature

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2director View Post
Dear Apple:

When I add a Reminder to my phone, why doesn't it show up quickly on my desktop Reminders app in Mountain Lion? Why do I have to relaunch Reminders on the Mac before I see all the Reminders I added recently? Why are those always annoying glitches like this with your iCloud apps?
They wish to blame Internet providers
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:11 PM   #29
FastTJR
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemac View Post
Must be some problem with your setup because it works for me. Reminders are pushed between iOS devices and my Mac as well. In fact, after creating the Reminder on my iPad with your test instructions, I never even woke my iPhone from sleep and it still alerted me. Plus my Mac popped up the alert in Notification Center. So not only do you not have to open your Reminders app, you don't even have to wake your iPhone.

Really love iCloud ever since Apple nailed down the integration with the release of iOS6 and Mountain Lion.
I fully agree that Reminders and the associated alerts are shared across devices, both OS X and iOS, in the way you indicate and it works very well for devices using the same Apple ID.
However... If you share a Reminder list with another person (which has the potential to be of great value), while the subject of the Reminders sync up just fine, alerts are not included.
So when I create and share a Reminder with my wife to buy beer (!) next time either of us are at Costco, the location based element of the Reminder does not appear on my wife's iOS device. The same is true for date/time alerts.
For me, this is a major shortfall in the sharing functionality.
FastTJR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:03 AM   #30
toke lahti
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by george-brooks View Post
iCloud still has a long way to go in my opinion. I still miss .Mac.
Apple made iCloud App for Vista, but not for 10.6 and then EOLled 10.7.
That tells how much they care for mac users...
5matteScreen&higherRez 13" 6lightport 7another fw(through ec ok)
8 10G-ethernet 9 xMac:desktopCPU+GPU,free pci-e,2 int. hdd
toke lahti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:10 PM   #31
extradryny
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastTJR View Post
If you share a Reminder list with another person (which has the potential to be of great value), while the subject of the Reminders sync up just fine, alerts are not included.
Spent off and on over the last day trying to make alerts work across two users (Reminders without alerts, i.e., reminders, = no value). No luck. This can't possibly be by design, right? What am I missing?
extradryny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:50 PM   #32
stuckwithme247
macrumors regular

Nice, but how about just fixing our webmail first? It really sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post

While Apple added dedicated Notes and Reminders web apps to iCloud.com last month, the web-based implementation of Reminders left out at least one important feature: shared reminders.

OS X Mountain Lion users have been able to share reminders via the native Reminders app as of OS X 10.8.2, but Windows users and others needing to access iCloud via the service's website have been unable to set up new shared reminders. The feature is also missing from the Reminders app in iOS 6.

Within the past several days, Apple has apparently rolled out shared reminders for the Reminders web app on iCloud.com, bringing the functionality closer to par with the native Mac app. There appears to be no word yet on whether the functionality will be making its way into the iOS 6 Reminders app, but it does appear that Apple is heeding at least some calls for making the feature available across platforms.

(Thanks, Arthur!)

Article Link: Apple Adds Shared Reminders to iCloud.com Web App
stuckwithme247 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:45 AM   #33
ITCentralPoint
macrumors newbie

Apple..oh...Appple...

I´ve reported this to Apple, and also opened a discussions thread on their forums. I tried to call them to report the issue and the call dropped.

Here is the post I wrote about it:
http://www.itcentralpoint.com/remind...hared-on-ios-6
ITCentralPoint is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:30 AM   #34
rolledm
macrumors newbie

Apple has now added this feature to the Reminder web app on iCloud.com, which will now allow Windows users and others to share reminders via the web app.
rolledm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:09 PM   #35
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolledm View Post
Apple has now added this feature to the Reminder web app on iCloud.com, which will now allow Windows users and others to share reminders via the web app.
Holy breaking news, Batman!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:21 PM   #36
TechnoBob
macrumors newbie

Share calendars but not reminders?

I share calendars with my wife (his, hers, and ours...very convenient), but I'd rather not share reminders with her. Most things I want to remind myself of are irrelevant to her -- and some (like holiday and anniversary gift shopping), I do not want her to see at all. FWIW, she feels the same way about her own reminders.

Is there a way to share Calendars but not Reminders on iCloud?
TechnoBob is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion