Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:47 PM   #76
berniemakaveli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
Ok, I do get that, but then the question is why aren't they suing Microsoft for the Slate? My wife saw a comercial for it and until they said it was a Microsoft product she thought it was the oddest commercial Apple had ever produced because she thought it was for the new iPad. And she is not a dummy when it comes to these things, if it can fool her, it could fool anyone.
No offense, but I don't know about all that..
berniemakaveli is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:47 PM   #77
Dolorian
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas23 View Post
Stylus claims? Really, Apple? They just jumped the shark.
Dolorian is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:47 PM   #78
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by faroZ06 View Post
Don't you mean "reducuntur ad absurdum"?
You are undoubtedly correct. I am clearly not a Latin scholar.

Thanks for the correction!!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:47 PM   #79
DoctorYuyi
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eso View Post
I'd love to see what would happen if Samsung simply stopped supplying Apple with NAND flash memory and LCD screens.
They need to.

Apple is acting like a 2 year old constantly claiming that they infringed on patents.

If I was Samsung I would have told Apple to screw off last year.
DoctorYuyi is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:48 PM   #80
apolloa
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eso View Post
Exactly. Might as well strike first now while it will still have an impact instead of waiting for Apple to smoothly transition to alternate suppliers and being SOL.
hahaha... yeah, good luck Apple at finding an alternative supplier that can produce the same high quality and reliable yields for you and who actually want your business...

The Bloomberg report implied that some trial is set for 2014 already between the two, this isn't over by a lllllloooooonnnnnnngggggggg way yet folks..

And people will just get more bored of it and Apple.
apolloa is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:49 PM   #81
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoken View Post
The same thing has happened to me. Just not so fond of Apple anymore.
Hearing this so often lately Apple really needs to be careful. So many people got into Apple through word of mouth they don't want to piss too many off. I still think osx is best, wish they cared as much on their computers as ios.
nick_elt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:49 PM   #82
PDXoPDX
macrumors member

Samsung is Apple's Cambodia in its proxy war with Google.
PDXoPDX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:54 PM   #83
Radio
In Time-Out

Starting to get annoyed at apple..
Radio is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:54 PM   #84
thefizzle657
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloa View Post
Actually reading more into this:

Andrew Liao, an Apple attorney, told Grewal today that the Galaxy Nexus is the only phone with Jelly Bean that Apple seeks to add to the patent complaint. Liao also said Apple wants to add 17 devices that could use a stylus even though the products don’t ship with a stylus.

This is a blatant direct attack at Google! NOT Samsung, the Galaxy Nexus has the totally untouched straight from Google Android, therefore NO modifications are applied to it what so ever, so this is a blatant direct claim that Android breaches Apples software patents.....

Now this is going to be worth watching, cause unless someone can show me how Jellybean copies Apple? Then it's utter BS.
This. There is no "Samsung implementation" of Jellybean on the Galaxy Nexus, it has the completely untouched version straight from Google. My guess is that Apple has nothing to back this up and is just trying to get a possible sales ban since they failed to do it last time around.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:55 PM   #85
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoken View Post
Youtube Video
"We're going to use the best pointing device in the world. We're gonna use the one we're all born with"...

...cept for flipper babies.
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:56 PM   #86
Thegolem
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post

Continuing the seemingly endless patent lawsuits between Apple and Samsung, Apple today argued that Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet infringes on its patents, as well as Samsung's implementation of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system on its devices.

Apple has also said it wants to add a number of Samsung products with stylus pens to its lawsuit as well, Bloomberg reports.

The case regarding the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Samsung's implementation of Jelly Bean is scheduled for trial in 2014. Judge Lucy Koh will also consider appeals in the previously decided Samsung v. Apple case in December.

Article Link: Apple Accuses Samsung's Version of Android and the Galaxy Note 10.1 of Infringing Patents
That reads like Apple are suing Samsung for copying a stylus!
Thegolem is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:00 PM   #87
apolloa
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefizzle657 View Post
This. There is no "Samsung implementation" of Jellybean on the Galaxy Nexus, it has the completely untouched version straight from Google. My guess is that Apple has nothing to back this up and is just trying to get a possible sales ban since they failed to do it last time around.
About that Nexus sales ban, from the Bloomberg report:

The case in which Apple added the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Jelly Bean operating system is scheduled for trial in 2014.

Apple already has won a preliminary order from Koh blocking U.S. sales of Samsung’s Nexus smartphone. In August,

And I guess Apple is going against Wacom Digital too in a way seeing as that's who's technology the Note devices use?
apolloa is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:02 PM   #88
adder7712
macrumors 68000

Oh, here we go again...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:04 PM   #89
unplugme71
macrumors 65816

Apple's legal department must not have anything else to do.
unplugme71 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:06 PM   #90
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by adder7712 View Post
Oh, here we go again...
Woo. \/
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:07 PM   #91
MacDav
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbek View Post
Seriously.
What is the point in suing a company for a product that no-one will care about by the time the court case rolls around!?
Money, Money, Money
MacDav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:08 PM   #92
flameproof
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
Apple has also said it wants to add a number of Samsung products with stylus pens to its lawsuit as well,
I wish Apple had the S-Pen. They should just license that from Samsung.
flameproof is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:08 PM   #93
MacDav
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas23 View Post
Stylus claims? Really, Apple? They just jumped the shark.
I guess you've never heard of the "Newton"?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:11 PM   #94
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDav View Post
I guess you've never heard of the "Newton"?
And how long ago was that out? What technologies does it use that Samsung (or rather, Wacom in this instance) are infringing upon?
Renzatic is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:11 PM   #95
g0odfr1end102
macrumors 6502

Apple should use the money they're spending at court to resume conception of innovative product.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:12 PM   #96
PhoenixMac
macrumors 6502a

Apple vs Samsung, the next World War?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:15 PM   #97
inlovewithi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJAZZYJET View Post
I really hope samsung loose , i extremely dislike all of their products.
Is it because you're an extreme Apple fanboy and really like the logo? I'm legitimately curious.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontech View Post
Those pesky Koreans and their tablet size phones

btw, where's the billion dollars you owe Apple?

Tim's thinking about buying Adobe with it....
You're tone doesn't really sound good. It read like, you view Apple as your god, and that phrase sounded like, "Daddy's thinking about buying Adobe." As if you have some deep affiliation with apple. Daddy and kid, with the kid bragging about his daddy.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:16 PM   #98
MacDav
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
And how long ago was that out? What technologies does it use that Samsung (or rather, Wacom in this instance) are infringing upon?
We're going back quite a few years. I think it was early 1990's. I'm sure Apple has a ton of patents relating to handwriting with a stylus. That was a big thing back in the day. I'm old enough to remember, unfortunately.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:18 PM   #99
iEvolution
macrumors 65816

I've always thought Apple is one of the most unethical and childish companies out there... they continue to prove it.

Even then I still like Apple products but I'm about ready to jump ship.

Apple is no better than LODsys or Proview. I mean a lawsuit for the stylus? Where in HE double L did this crap come from? Not a single one of there current products even uses a stylus.

This just might be the most frivolous lawsuit I have seen by a company that is already in a winning position

...yet somehow, some way, someone is going to post how right Apple is in this case.
iEvolution is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:20 PM   #100
MacDav
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iEvolution View Post
I've always thought Apple is one of the most unethical and childish companies out there... they continue to prove it.

Even then I still like Apple products but I'm about ready to jump ship.

Apple is no better than LODsys or Proview. I mean a lawsuit for the stylus? Where in HE double L did this crap come from? Not a single one of there current products even uses a stylus.

This just might be the most frivolous lawsuit I have seen by a company that is already in a winning position

...yet somehow, some way, someone is going to post how right Apple is in this case.
Oh, you're just being silly...Right?

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion