Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berniemakaveli

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
Ok, I do get that, but then the question is why aren't they suing Microsoft for the Slate? My wife saw a comercial for it and until they said it was a Microsoft product she thought it was the oddest commercial Apple had ever produced because she thought it was for the new iPad. And she is not a dummy when it comes to these things, if it can fool her, it could fool anyone.

No offense, but I don't know about all that..

DoctorYuyi

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
I'd love to see what would happen if Samsung simply stopped supplying Apple with NAND flash memory and LCD screens.

They need to.

Apple is acting like a 2 year old constantly claiming that they infringed on patents.

If I was Samsung I would have told Apple to screw off last year.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Exactly. Might as well strike first now while it will still have an impact instead of waiting for Apple to smoothly transition to alternate suppliers and being SOL.

hahaha... yeah, good luck Apple at finding an alternative supplier that can produce the same high quality and reliable yields for you and who actually want your business...

The Bloomberg report implied that some trial is set for 2014 already between the two, this isn't over by a lllllloooooonnnnnnngggggggg way yet folks..

And people will just get more bored of it and Apple.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
The same thing has happened to me. Just not so fond of Apple anymore.

Hearing this so often lately Apple really needs to be careful. So many people got into Apple through word of mouth they don't want to piss too many off. I still think osx is best, wish they cared as much on their computers as ios.

thefizzle657

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
Actually reading more into this:

Andrew Liao, an Apple attorney, told Grewal today that the Galaxy Nexus is the only phone with Jelly Bean that Apple seeks to add to the patent complaint. Liao also said Apple wants to add 17 devices that could use a stylus even though the products don’t ship with a stylus.

This is a blatant direct attack at Google! NOT Samsung, the Galaxy Nexus has the totally untouched straight from Google Android, therefore NO modifications are applied to it what so ever, so this is a blatant direct claim that Android breaches Apples software patents.....

Now this is going to be worth watching, cause unless someone can show me how Jellybean copies Apple? Then it's utter BS.

This. There is no "Samsung implementation" of Jellybean on the Galaxy Nexus, it has the completely untouched version straight from Google. My guess is that Apple has nothing to back this up and is just trying to get a possible sales ban since they failed to do it last time around.

Thegolem

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
England
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Continuing the seemingly endless patent lawsuits between Apple and Samsung, Apple today argued that Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet infringes on its patents, as well as Samsung's implementation of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system on its devices.

Apple has also said it wants to add a number of Samsung products with stylus pens to its lawsuit as well, Bloomberg reports.

The case regarding the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Samsung's implementation of Jelly Bean is scheduled for trial in 2014. Judge Lucy Koh will also consider appeals in the previously decided Samsung v. Apple case in December.

Article Link: Apple Accuses Samsung's Version of Android and the Galaxy Note 10.1 of Infringing Patents

That reads like Apple are suing Samsung for copying a stylus!

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
This. There is no "Samsung implementation" of Jellybean on the Galaxy Nexus, it has the completely untouched version straight from Google. My guess is that Apple has nothing to back this up and is just trying to get a possible sales ban since they failed to do it last time around.

About that Nexus sales ban, from the Bloomberg report:

The case in which Apple added the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Jelly Bean operating system is scheduled for trial in 2014.

Apple already has won a preliminary order from Koh blocking U.S. sales of Samsung’s Nexus smartphone. In August,

And I guess Apple is going against Wacom Digital too in a way seeing as that's who's technology the Note devices use?

inlovewithi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
I really hope samsung loose , i extremely dislike all of their products.

Is it because you're an extreme Apple fanboy and really like the logo? I'm legitimately curious.

----------

Those pesky Koreans and their tablet size phones

btw, where's the billion dollars you owe Apple?

Tim's thinking about buying Adobe with it....

You're tone doesn't really sound good. It read like, you view Apple as your god, and that phrase sounded like, "Daddy's thinking about buying Adobe." As if you have some deep affiliation with apple. Daddy and kid, with the kid bragging about his daddy.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
And how long ago was that out? What technologies does it use that Samsung (or rather, Wacom in this instance) are infringing upon?

We're going back quite a few years. I think it was early 1990's. I'm sure Apple has a ton of patents relating to handwriting with a stylus. That was a big thing back in the day. I'm old enough to remember, unfortunately. ;)

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I've always thought Apple is one of the most unethical and childish companies out there... they continue to prove it.

Even then I still like Apple products but I'm about ready to jump ship.

Apple is no better than LODsys or Proview. I mean a lawsuit for the stylus? Where in HE double L did this crap come from? Not a single one of there current products even uses a stylus.

This just might be the most frivolous lawsuit I have seen by a company that is already in a winning position

...yet somehow, some way, someone is going to post how right Apple is in this case.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
I've always thought Apple is one of the most unethical and childish companies out there... they continue to prove it.

Even then I still like Apple products but I'm about ready to jump ship.

Apple is no better than LODsys or Proview. I mean a lawsuit for the stylus? Where in HE double L did this crap come from? Not a single one of there current products even uses a stylus.

This just might be the most frivolous lawsuit I have seen by a company that is already in a winning position

...yet somehow, some way, someone is going to post how right Apple is in this case.

Oh, you're just being silly...Right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.