Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old Nov 4, 2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Neptunia
macrumors newbie

Speaker Dock

I've never owned an Apple product before but decided to take the plunge with the new iPod Touch as I needed a new music player anyway and it's fantastic!

I want to buy a speaker dock for it but since I don't have any other product at home would it be worth it to wait until a new speaker dock comes out for the new Apple products or just buy an older dock with an adapter?

Thanks.
Neptunia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:12 PM   #2
mrskb
macrumors member

I bought a lightning to 30-pin adapter so I could play my new iPod Touch 5g on my iHome. The iPod makes a noise and shows it's connected, but it won't play through the iHome speakers. So far, no one has offered any answers to my question. I did read on the Apple Community boards where a couple of people said this works....which is why I bought the cable...
mrskb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:15 PM   #3
NZed
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
I've never owned an Apple product before but decided to take the plunge with the new iPod Touch as I needed a new music player anyway and it's fantastic!

I want to buy a speaker dock for it but since I don't have any other product at home would it be worth it to wait until a new speaker dock comes out for the new Apple products or just buy an older dock with an adapter?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskb View Post
I bought a lightning to 30-pin adapter so I could play my new iPod Touch 5g on my iHome. The iPod makes a noise and shows it's connected, but it won't play through the iHome speakers. So far, no one has offered any answers to my question. I did read on the Apple Community boards where a couple of people said this works....which is why I bought the cable...
i dont think the adapter is guaranteed to work on all ipod speakers.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:37 PM   #4
mrskb
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZed View Post
i dont think the adapter is guaranteed to work on all ipod speakers.
I knew I was taking a chance...It's okay..I might be able to use it somewhere else...and eventually they'll make an iHome that will work too..
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:50 AM   #5
mrskb
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskb View Post
I knew I was taking a chance...It's okay..I might be able to use it somewhere else...and eventually they'll make an iHome that will work too..
I tried it again this morning, and for some reason, it works!! YAY! Happy camper here!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories