Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:24 PM   #3876
applelover4u
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
I was told to expect it to be back-to-back, but in reality there are usually a couple of minutes between calls. They want you prepared to take them quickly though as at times it will be that way.

Also, from what I understand iOS is busier than CPU, so it'd make since for them to add more people to that queue. I'm hoping the 11/26 group are actually multiple classes though. It sounds like there are too many for one class anyway. I'd prefer to be in CPU anyway because it's more fun than dealing with phones all day.

Both are busy and they are back to back calls. I mean some times you mean have some minutes between calls but expect back to back..

When u first take calls they will not be back to back because your getting groomed in

----------

I already work for apple as a advisor through a 3rd party employer contractor. I work cpu dept...

I applied for this at home job today directly with apple and I'm hoping I get it.

How long after you submit your resume do they contact you back?

It seems like they should hire me right away. I don't even need to go to training since I'm a direct fit
applelover4u is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:26 PM   #3877
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
...

Last edited by MrMacMack; Sep 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
MrMacMack is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:32 PM   #3878
Stukenbroeker
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvert6183 View Post
Oh ok, like returned when we quit/change positions like the iMac or as in returned after training? Also, for the part timers, is this just seasonal or is it for the long run. I need to know that ill have a job after the season is up.
Returned after training. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Also, to MrMack They emphasized the fact that we are fully responsible for the equipment we are entrusted with. In the event that we are terminated or quit, abruptly or planned, the equipment must be returned in respectable condition. We are liable for the care and condition of the equipment while it is in our possession. Regardless if you we're to drop off the map, I think they're going to come after you for their stuff!
Stukenbroeker is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:34 PM   #3879
famous600
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukenbroeker View Post
Returned after training. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Also, to MrMack They emphasized the fact that we are fully responsible for the equipment we are entrusted with. In the event that we are terminated or quit, abruptly or planned, the equipment must be returned in respectable condition. We are liable for the care and condition of the equipment while it is in our possession. Regardless if you we're to drop off the map, I think they're going to come after you for their stuff!
Yeah to think Apple cant track their equipment at any time would get you in trouble lol
famous600 is online now   0
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:35 PM   #3880
applelover4u
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMacMack View Post
Can you explain more about that process? Also, how do they control the number / frequency of calls you receive?
I can not tell you anything like that specific sorry, I dont even know nor will you. And i would get in big trouble if I were to tell in a public forum if I did know
applelover4u is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:51 PM   #3881
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
...

Last edited by MrMacMack; Sep 29, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
MrMacMack is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:51 PM   #3882
calvert6183
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukenbroeker View Post
Returned after training. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Also, to MrMack They emphasized the fact that we are fully responsible for the equipment we are entrusted with. In the event that we are terminated or quit, abruptly or planned, the equipment must be returned in respectable condition. We are liable for the care and condition of the equipment while it is in our possession. Regardless if you we're to drop off the map, I think they're going to come after you for their stuff!
I wouldnt be surprised if some people would try to get away with keeping their stuff. People today never seem to shock me anymore.
calvert6183 is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:00 PM   #3883
koolaid-drinker
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by applelover4u View Post
I can not tell you anything like that specific sorry, I dont even know nor will you. And i would get in big trouble if I were to tell in a public forum if I did know
Speaking from previous call center expierence,

Most call centers have phone numbers that are specific to a queue.

Depending on how many people are in queue, you will either be waiting for a while or covered up with calls.
__________________
Former Apple Employee and Current Apple Guru
koolaid-drinker is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:37 PM   #3884
melowsan
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukenbroeker View Post
I'm in the 11/26 class. You can PM me for FaceTime and email info.

iOS will be dealing with mobile devices such as iPhone, iPod, iPad, while CPU will be computer based.

As far as the desk goes, in my paperwork session earlier we were actually encouraged not to purchase furniture until we start training. Deals can be had, and we'll have a better idea of what they want us to have after the first bit of the class.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for clarifying!
I would definitely wait till then

Conglats for people who will be in training soon

For people who are in waiting period, everyday I was checking emails,call logs and comments on this forum for multiple times, hoping to get this job. Meanwhile, I was going for interviews and posting resumes in case I did not make it. When I found the comment " No rejection email means good news", I felt bit better about the situation I was in.

Hang in there and you will hear the good news
melowsan is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:58 PM   #3885
Ritmo99
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMacMack View Post
So that's two people now that have confirmed that 11/26 is CPU. So at this point I think I can somewhat safely assume that there are going to be multiple 11/26 classes OR someone may have been misinformed that 11/26 was iOS.



How did you find that out exactly? Did your recruiter tell you this specifically?




Did your recruiter verbally communicate with you that there are two different classes for this job: iOS and CPU? If so, can you provide more details about that? No one from Apple has communicated this to me, nor can I find any mention of this in any of the documentation, official offer or emails I have on file.
My TM told me
Ritmo99 is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:43 PM   #3886
koolaid-drinker
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMacMack View Post
So that's two people now that have confirmed that 11/26 is CPU. So at this point I think I can somewhat safely assume that there are going to be multiple 11/26 classes OR someone may have been misinformed that 11/26 was iOS.



How did you find that out exactly? Did your recruiter tell you this specifically?




Did your recruiter verbally communicate with you that there are two different classes for this job: iOS and CPU? If so, can you provide more details about that? No one from Apple has communicated this to me, nor can I find any mention of this in any of the documentation, official offer or emails I have on file.
According to Apple Jobs,

There are several advisor groups.

1. Desktop/CPU
2. IOS
3. Enterprise/Server
4.iTunes

Alot for what class you are in depends on location and when you start.
__________________
Former Apple Employee and Current Apple Guru
koolaid-drinker is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 07:35 AM   #3887
thewriteway
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Does anyone know what the 11/12 class is? I was originally slated for iOS 11/5, moved to 11/12 cpu, and now I'm hearing it's iOS again. Either is fine with me, I'm just thrilled to have this opportunity! Just curious is all...
thewriteway is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 07:38 AM   #3888
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
...

Last edited by MrMacMack; Sep 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
MrMacMack is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:16 AM   #3889
Citychic
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York-Dallas, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvert6183 View Post
Oh ok, like returned when we quit/change positions like the iMac or as in returned after training? Also, for the part timers, is this just seasonal or is it for the long run. I need to know that ill have a job after the season is up.
Per my paperwork its part time permanent position not temp.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMacMack View Post
I am starting to suspect that there are multiple classes, at least for 11/26.
I don't know... But we will know for certain on the 26...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMacMack View Post
I am starting to suspect that there are multiple classes, at least for 11/26.
I don't think there is more than one..
Citychic is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:24 AM   #3890
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
...

Last edited by MrMacMack; Sep 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM.
MrMacMack is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:01 AM   #3891
Citychic
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York-Dallas, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMacMack View Post
The reason why I suspect there is more than one is because yesterday two people in the 11/26 class claimed to have been told each were different classes. One person said they were in iOS and the other said CPU. So I think either there are multiple classes, classes combined into one, they were misinformed, they heard wrong or Apple is lying to them.
Right... But going back on previous post early on there was only one class.. I'm kinda leaning towards the majority and others could be mistaken.. but only time will tell
Citychic is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:03 AM   #3892
citykitty865
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewriteway View Post
Does anyone know what the 11/12 class is? I was originally slated for iOS 11/5, moved to 11/12 cpu, and now I'm hearing it's iOS again. Either is fine with me, I'm just thrilled to have this opportunity! Just curious is all...
I am in the 11/12 class as well and I was originally scheduled for the 11/5 class and asked specifically if it was iOS or CPU and was told twice it was for CPU. However, they ended up pushing me to the 11/12 class once I got the 'official' offer but still told it was for CPU and was given my team manager's name which was also the 3rd person that I interviewed with.

My offer letter also contained the name of my TM but when I had the paperwork session, they listed two different people as the team managers and then I got an email from my TM yesterday introducing herself and giving other info. I emailed her and asked if the 11/12 class was still CPU and if I now had a different manager and she responded this morning that this class IS iOS and that she would be my direct 'team leader' and the other name I was given was a 'general team manager' that was one of her bosses.

So as far as I am aware, I guess they have changed some of us to different classes and with different managers but still have no idea what the reason is. Still just happy to be working for Apple, but wish they would have kept me in the CPU class. She did mention that if I was interested in pursuing CPU that I could do that at a later date.
citykitty865 is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:11 AM   #3893
fizzydunlop
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Allentown, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMacMack View Post
I'd have to double check, but yes, pretty sure it's 5 weeks and not 6 weeks. Yes, it's full time during training, either Mon thru Fri or Tue thru Sat from 9am to 6pm.

I know how you feel about being nervous and the long wait. Sucks, but hang in there. If you made it to the point where they queue up a background check order, it isn't likely that they would pay for that if they weren't highly interested in you.

The background check process can be nuts. I strongly recommend following up with HireRight directly. Your file will be passed along thru many hands in their system. Call often for status updates, and ask them if there is anything you can do to help them. Always be nice to them regardless of how frustrated you may feel. Be specific with your follow up questions, such as is there any element within this process that is causing a delay? Or what element so far in this process is pending? Last part is to be ready to submit any documentation via email they ask for as quickly as possible. Also, be honest with their questions but don't give them any unnecessary information that can complicate or make the process more difficult than what it already is.

Congrats so far... I think you can relax a little bit. Where you are at in this stage is very good. But I know how you feel, it's not a done deal until you have an official offer. But still, you're doing just fine. You might be bumped to 12/3, but I am not qualified to say that. That assumption is based on reading what others have said during their timeline of events / statuses, etc.
Thanks! I definitely appreciate your input. I haven't called Hireright to check the status of my background check but maybe i'll do that today just so I can know a little more. I do know they have called my last job already so that's a good sign!

Ready to drink the kool-aid

----------

I was told i would be in the 11/26 class and asked twice they said iOS but who knows maybe that has changed.
fizzydunlop is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:34 AM   #3894
catbite777
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I received my paperwork folder. OH SO HAPPY!!!!
catbite777 is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:36 AM   #3895
Stukenbroeker
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzydunlop;
[/COLOR
I was told i would be in the 11/26 class and asked twice they said iOS but who knows maybe that has changed.
Well you and I OBVIOUSLY heard wrong!(sarcasm) I think we can rule out the option that those of us who were told iOS for 11/26 are mistaken. I would doubt myself as well if I didn't clearly hear the instruction to "return the iPod touch that is delivered with your imac". So I guess the only options left are multiple classes, or bad info from Apple. I suppose both are plausible.

Congrats to everyone still pushing!
Stukenbroeker is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:44 AM   #3896
cjmal
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Where would one go about applying to be an Apple At Home Advisor?
cjmal is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:45 AM   #3897
catbite777
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukenbroeker View Post
Well you and I OBVIOUSLY heard wrong!(sarcasm) I think we can rule out the option that those of us who were told iOS for 11/26 are mistaken. I would doubt myself as well if I didn't clearly hear the instruction to "return the iPod touch that is delivered with your imac". So I guess the only options left are multiple classes, or bad info from Apple. I suppose both are plausible.

Congrats to everyone still pushing!
Well I think your information is much more accurate that mine, seeing as you heard it in your paperwork session and such. Heck, what I was told was just one answer to a question in an interview, which of course was subject to change. My paperwork is tomorrow, and I expect to hear the same thing you did. Again, I am just thrilled to get the job, regardless.
catbite777 is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:49 AM   #3898
AngryGerbil
macrumors 6502a
 
AngryGerbil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by applelover4u View Post
Both are busy and they are back to back calls. I mean some times you mean have some minutes between calls but expect back to back..

When u first take calls they will not be back to back because your getting groomed in
The time in between calls is based purely on call volume and the number of available agents. I've had 15 minutes in between calls early Sat. AM to 30 seconds in between calls during peak weekday hours. Makes no difference how new you are.
AngryGerbil is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:59 AM   #3899
KLinPA
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzydunlop View Post
Thanks! I definitely appreciate your input. I haven't called Hireright to check the status of my background check but maybe i'll do that today just so I can know a little more. I do know they have called my last job already so that's a good sign!

Ready to drink the kool-aid

----------

I was told i would be in the 11/26 class and asked twice they said iOS but who knows maybe that has changed.
Yay a "neighbor" haha
KLinPA is offline   0
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:24 PM   #3900
GrinnerG
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Just wondering if anyone has used WOW as their phone provider? I'm not sure if they're VOIP based or digital.

It was specifically mentioned that the phone line cannot be an IP line but I m not sure on their technology? I know it comes in through the modem they provided but does that make it VOIP?

BTW - first post here and I start on 12/3
GrinnerG is offline   0


Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple At-Home Advisor... (Part 2) arn Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 1688 Today 12:11 PM
At-Home Advisor: unanswered questions! wannabeAHA Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 8 Aug 4, 2014 08:16 PM
Satya Nadella Appointed Microsoft CEO as Bill Gates Shifts from Chairman to 'Technology Advisor' MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 261 Mar 14, 2014 03:42 PM
Escalation process for AHA Apple Home Advisor cases? WildCard^ Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 7 Oct 14, 2013 01:08 AM
At home advisor bigtroop963 Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 1 Oct 3, 2013 08:24 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC