Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christof

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2002
Earth
Folks– BestSkinsEver BSE just sent me an update for my L 1324 AB iPad mini WiFi + 4G Total Body Skin. They expect to ship by 23 November 2012. I'll try to post photos once I receive it.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
My BSE for the iPad mini shipped yesterday. Should have it by next week or the following.

The I can stop babying the iPad lol

Mine shipped today, do you know where they ship from? I'm sure it's 2-3 days, I hope to get mine by the weekend.

chrisperro

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2009
canada
worse costumer service that company has, i email then 4 times and they respond me once asking which replacement piece i want it so i did ,email then 3 times after that never got a response or a replacement in the mail.
sorry ,it is a good product but...

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
+1 for BSE!

I put my back shield on yesterday and it looks great. Nice fit and covers the whole back.

Bummer to hear that there was a bad customer service experience with someone here. I've had nothing but good interactions with 'em.

UFBoy2323

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
+1 for BSE!

I put my back shield on yesterday and it looks great. Nice fit and covers the whole back.

Bummer to hear that there was a bad customer service experience with someone here. I've had nothing but good interactions with 'em.

Could you post a picture or two? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Here you go. Hope they show enough detail. It's always hard to get good pics of stuff like this.

Attachments

• iPad mini 1.jpg
    iPad mini 1.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 342
  • iPad mini 2.jpg
    iPad mini 2.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 272
  • iPad mini 3.jpg
    iPad mini 3.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 265
  • iPad mini 4.jpg
    iPad mini 4.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 276

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
See, I don't like that glossy back. I prefer matte back covers

I agree with you but haven't been able to find a matte finish back. There was a company that made a matte back for the iPhone and it looked awesome but eventually just didn't hold up as well as these glossy ones do.

I can deal with the gloss back to keep the iPad from getting scratched without having to put it in a case though :)

susa

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
I agree with you but haven't been able to find a matte finish back. There was a company that made a matte back for the iPhone and it looked awesome but eventually just didn't hold up as well as these glossy ones do.

I can deal with the gloss back to keep the iPad from getting scratched without having to put it in a case though :)

Good thread. I thought I'd prefer matte as well (phantomskinz has them) but the shipping to Canada was astronomical compared to BSE. BSE puts the skins in an envelope without a lot of unnecessary fancy packaging for much more reasonable shipping. Could have saved a couple or 3 more bucks if I'd stop comparing skins and just ordered as their price did just go up overnight lol. Still a deal and a half.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA

Phantomskinz. Hands down. I have them for my MacBooks.

Byeen

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Here is the back as a whole: :D

Wow, that looks pretty amazing, I thought it would be awful, but this looks great.
It's a bit OT, but I'm wondering how would it look like on iP 5 black :)

However, if I would have iPad mini black, this is definitely the first thing I would buy for it :)

rebelmac

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
If you want a matte finish for the back, get a Wrapsol. I have it on my mini and its really sharp! Hides fingerprints awesome and it looks so much better than the glossy finish.

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
Always used bse' just got some more coming for iPhone 5 and mini, really like the extra grip that it provides,

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
If you want a matte finish for the back, get a Wrapsol. I have it on my mini and its really sharp! Hides fingerprints awesome and it looks so much better than the glossy finish.

Wrapsol...that's what the skin I used on my iPhone! It was great on my iPhone but started to peel away when I was on a trip. Didn't seem to hold well on the back of the phone.

Are you using one on your iPad? Is it holding up well?

sewer-surfer

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
Here is the back as a whole: :D

Looks great! Any tipps on how to align the skin so perfectly?? I am a bit worried of how hard it will be to put it on...

The glossy look is something that bugs me as well, but it´s a trade-off I am willing to make. Ordered a BSE for my iPad mini a few days ago since I only heard good things about them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.