Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:15 PM   #1
danielwerner
macrumors member

Smile Happy rMBP-owners, unite!

I've been following this forum for a while now, and most threads are about people who have issues with their mac, technical questions, and "whine" about specs not being what you thought.

I've just bought a 15" baseline rMBP, which is going to be delivered on thursday. And I can't help but feel a bit ambivalent. This is my very first mac ever, and I want to feel like it's gonna change my life.

So give me a peptalk. Make me PSYCHED! The meaning of the thread is to gather all of you who in general are very happy about your rMBP-purchase. What's so good about it? What's so good about OS X? Etc etc.

I refuse to believe that all rMBP-owners are dissatisifed.
danielwerner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:19 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Retina Macbook Pro owners: Are you happy?
GGJstudios is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:21 PM   #3
markus843
Banned

You know what, nvm my post is bad
markus843 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:23 PM   #4
danielwerner
macrumors member

Yeah... That thread is good too, but to be honest I just want the pep. I want all fanboys to just, you know, belch only positive stuff so I can get rid of that nagging feeling that I just spent 3000 dollars on ****.
danielwerner is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:32 PM   #5
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwerner View Post
Yeah... That thread is good too, but to be honest I just want the pep. I want all fanboys to just, you know, belch only positive stuff so I can get rid of that nagging feeling that I just spent 3000 dollars on ****.
You can't restrict a thread to only positive comments. People will post what they want to post.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:42 PM   #6
danielwerner
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
You can't restrict a thread to only positive comments. People will post what they want to post.
Of course not. But I can still express my wishes for what I would like the thread to include.
danielwerner is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:14 PM   #7
uhslax24
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
He's simply excited. He's encouraging people to share what they like about their rMBP. He has just as much right to request that as you do to post negative comments.

Quote:
Of course not. But I can still express my wishes for what I would like the thread to include.
I love my rMBP. I got it back in August and haven't looked back since. For video editing, it screams, and of course it does well when surfing the web and writing emails as well. You'll love it!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:19 PM   #8
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhslax24 View Post
He's simply excited. He's encouraging people to share what they like about their rMBP. He has just as much right to request that as you do to post negative comments.
I didn't say anything about anyone's right to post, and I haven't posted any negative comments. I only stated fact.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:43 PM   #9
SpitUK
macrumors 6502

Yippeeeeee I AM HAPPY
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:21 PM   #10
IGregory
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I've been following this forum for a while now, and most threads are about people who have issues with their mac, technical questions, and "whine" about specs not being what you thought.

I've just bought a 15" baseline rMBP, which is going to be delivered on thursday. And I can't help but feel a bit ambivalent. This is my very first mac ever, and I want to feel like it's gonna change my life.

So give me a peptalk. Make me PSYCHED! The meaning of the thread is to gather all of you who in general are very happy about your rMBP-purchase. What's so good about it? What's so good about OS X? Etc etc.

I refuse to believe that all rMBP-owners are dissatisifed.
As in politics the silent majority (here,those who like their rMBPs) are never or rarely heard. I'd say the whiners who post on this forum number less than 200. Let them whine. They will always be amongst us.

If it is any comfort here is a poll result of satisfied rMBP owners.

Last edited by IGregory; Nov 6, 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Add Pool results
IGregory is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:31 PM   #11
sensorian
macrumors member

I started work in the IT industry in 1986 and sold some of the very first PC's. Owned a laptop from the early 'luggable' days and was a Windows zealot until only recently.

Then....I bought an i-pad, then....I bought an i-phone....then I though sod it I'll try a Macbook and went for the rmbp 15". I write music, edit videos and photos and usual office stuff and play a few games. I can say without question it is the single best piece of technology I have ever owned.

It has never, ever let me down and despite having an LG screen I have had no issues whatsoever. The screen is a joy to behold and worth the extra money which in truth I debated long and hard over.

I have my work Windows 7 build running on Fusion that runs better than my old Lenovo laptop they gave me.

I have all photos, videos and music available in the cloud across all my devices and I'm happier than a pig in *****.

Is that positive enough?
sensorian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:33 PM   #12
SchuettS
macrumors 6502

Couldn't be happier with mine!. (Not sure if I'm allowed to say that)
SchuettS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:00 PM   #13
PatriotInvasion
macrumors 65816

This is a forum where people are motivated to come and complain. The vast majority of the millions who will purchase a 13" or 15" rMBP over the coming months will be absolutely thrilled with their purchase for years to come. They will love Safari for the web, Retina versions of iPhoto and iMovie, and the speed of 8+GB of RAM combined with SSD's and Ivy Bridge processors.

The other 5-10% come here to complain that specs aren't as high as they'd prefer to play some dorky fantasy game or zombie-based shooter. Blah.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:02 PM   #14
Barna Biro
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotInvasion View Post
This is a forum where people are motivated to come and complain. The vast majority of the millions who will purchase a 13" or 15" rMBP over the coming months will be absolutely thrilled with their purchase for years to come. They will love Safari for the web, Retina versions of iPhoto and iMovie, and the speed of 8+GB of RAM combined with SSD's and Ivy Bridge processors.

The other 5-10% come here to complain that specs aren't as high as they'd prefer to play some dorky fantasy game or zombie-based shooter. Blah.
I totally agree with the above. I'd actually say that less than 5-10% out of the millions buying the product come to complain ( and not only to this forum ). But of course, few people can always complain loud enough so that the remaining millions can clearly hear them, no matter where they turn.
Barna Biro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:19 PM   #15
PatriotInvasion
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barna Biro View Post
I totally agree with the above. I'd actually say that less than 5-10% out of the millions buying the product come to complain ( and not only to this forum ). But of course, few people can always complain loud enough so that the remaining millions can clearly hear them, no matter where they turn.
Man you have really dropped some serious dough on solid state storage judging by your signature. Wow
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:18 PM   #16
derbothaus
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotInvasion View Post
Man you have really dropped some serious dough on solid state storage judging by your signature. Wow
Maybe they need 8 versions of Final Cut Studio installed on SSD internal. Or no one told them how to link iTunes library's to externals. I may have done it if I hadn't gone cMBP with 2 drive bay's that I can RAID0 for much cheaper.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:34 PM   #17
kallyq
macrumors regular

I've had mine for a little over a week and love it I really love the retina display. I love the clearness of the text. I just wrote about this in another thread though so I will not gush over it in here.
kallyq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:46 PM   #18
trsblader
macrumors regular

I was lucky enough to get mine the day after it was announced at the keynote, and loved every second of it so far. Never had a single regret.
trsblader is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:25 PM   #19
mankar4
macrumors 6502a

im in love with my 13" rmbp. best computer ever.
mankar4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:41 PM   #20
faroZ06
Banned

My dad got a 15" RMBP and switched it with a 13". He says that the 13" is better, but he also wiped his user that's been migrated all the way from a 2004 iMac G5 running Panther and put files back on manually, and that probably made it run better.

I think retina is overkill on a 15" laptop, but it's better for the specs than the non-retina version, so there's no reason to not buy it if you want good specs.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:29 AM   #21
bwhli
macrumors Demi-God

Happy rMBP owner here!
bwhli is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:52 AM   #22
Rhinoevans
macrumors 6502

Enjoy your new MBP, they are awesome.

I bought the cMBP, but both are awesome machine. Thanks APPLE
Rhinoevans is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:25 AM   #23
Barna Biro
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbothaus View Post
Maybe they need 8 versions of Final Cut Studio installed on SSD internal. Or no one told them how to link iTunes library's to externals. I may have done it if I hadn't gone cMBP with 2 drive bay's that I can RAID0 for much cheaper.
Actually... I am Software Engineer and my working habit consists of having multiple VMs set up with different configurations ( usually one VM per project ) + keeping some install kits around and such ( I don't store movies or music on my machine... at least nothing worth mentioning / maybe 5-10GB tops of "recreational media" ). That being said, sure the 768GB was a slight overkill, but since I prefer having my work and things in one place than scattered around on external HDDs, I decided to get the maxed out version.

Different people, different needs and habits...

PS: The decision was of course a combination of multiple factors and didn't solely come down to my working habit... Overall, it had to do with: laziness, personal preferences ( referring mainly to the model... cause I could have gotten the maxed out 15" rMBP instead... but it's not what I wanted ), not really being limited by a budget, peace of mind ( although, to me, that means going into "overkill mode" ), etc.

Last edited by Barna Biro; Nov 7, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Barna Biro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 07:57 AM   #24
w00tini
macrumors 6502a

Great laptop. Replacing my 2010 Mac Pro Hex-core tower and 2010 11" MBA with this one device. I picked up the 13" rMBP.

Retina is absolutely worth the extra cost if you use your computer a few hours a day.
w00tini is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 07:58 AM   #25
CausticPuppy
macrumors 65816

I'm liking my 13" rMBP more and more every day. Best laptop I've owned.
iPad Air/iPhone5S
CausticPuppy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro