Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I'm looking for one, too. Specifically, one that lets me change the port settings.

(I know iOS Mail does this, but I want a separate app for my work email account.)

Keukasmallie

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
WNY
I'm looking for one that is IMAP-driven so I can create folders to "sort" and store incoming emails.

Any ideas?

lcavada

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
Off line emails

I am kind of a newbie with the ipad.

I need to be able to keep my emails stored on the ipad. This also includes attachments.

I have 2 POP accounts, and 3 imap accounts that cannot reliably keep the emails stored on the ipad. Internet access is needed to use the emails.

I do have an exchange account, but this does not have issues as the emails are stored in the ipad. Not attachments though.

Do i need to change to a third party email client? Which is the best?

I puposedly bought the 64gb model so i would have plenty of room to store the emails and attachments.

Thanks !

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I am kind of a newbie with the ipad.

I need to be able to keep my emails stored on the ipad. This also includes attachments.

I have 2 POP accounts, and 3 imap accounts that cannot reliably keep the emails stored on the ipad. Internet access is needed to use the emails.

I do have an exchange account, but this does not have issues as the emails are stored in the ipad. Not attachments though.

Do i need to change to a third party email client? Which is the best?

I puposedly bought the 64gb model so i would have plenty of room to store the emails and attachments.

Thanks !

I use the default client in conjunction with Pages. If I need to copy an important email when I don't have access to my Mac's I just copy the email into Pages on the iPad. I've never felt the need to use a third party client on my Idevvices, But I use Thunderbird on all 3 Mac's as I find Applemail inadequate.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.