Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lolapaloooza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
Hi to all!!

new in this forum and need your help!!

is there a way to downgrade the mac mini efi??

I have a 2009 mac mini and installed mountain lion..didn't like it at all..
so..next thing I did was to install the snow leopard..but unfortunately because of the efi upgrade I cannot install it..

so please..can somebody explain me how I can downgrade the efi??

thank you in advance!!!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi to all!!

new in this forum and need your help!!

is there a way to downgrade the mac mini efi??

I have a 2009 mac mini and installed mountain lion..didn't like it at all..
so..next thing I did was to install the snow leopard..but unfortunately because of the efi upgrade I cannot install it..

so please..can somebody explain me how I can downgrade the efi??

thank you in advance!!!

The EFI update isn't what is blocking your install of Snow Leopard. What exact errors are you getting?

lolapaloooza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
The EFI update isn't what is blocking your install of Snow Leopard. What exact errors are you getting?

hi!!
thank you for the reply!!!

here is the exact problem..
when I turn the mac on and hold the alt button there system does not recognise the snow leopard dvd..
but the main problem is that since I installed mountain lion is that the system when I hit alt while it starts up does not recognise the ''acronis'' boot cd.acronis is a program that makes an image of your hdd.
so I figured out that since the mountain lion installation which comes with an efi upgrade,the boot of alternative bootable cd or usb devices except m.l. is not possible.

that is why I want to downgrade it... :(

Darby67

macrumors 6502
By your explanation, the reason you want to downgrade the EFI is so you can make an image of your HDD? There are several utilities that are very capable of this, the most obvious of which is Disk Utility which is part of the Apple OS.

If this is incorrect can you explain?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
so I figured out that since the mountain lion installation which comes with an efi upgrade,the boot of alternative bootable cd or usb devices except m.l. is not possible.

That's not the case. I'd suspect that since you have 2 DVDs which won't boot the computer that your DVD drive is faulty.

lolapaloooza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
By your explanation, the reason you want to downgrade the EFI is so you can make an image of your HDD? There are several utilities that are very capable of this, the most obvious of which is Disk Utility which is part of the Apple OS.

If this is incorrect can you explain?

thanx for the reply!!

that is correct!!BUT!!the problem is that I have installed windows 7 right now..and the only way to use the most compatible program that makes an image is acronis..I used this program and it was running very smooth..until the m.l. upgrade..which brought the efi upgrade to...

that's why I want to downgrade it..

is there a way???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.