Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
as much as I like the look of the new iTunes (and im getting annoyed its still not been released) I feel like it needs an even bigger redesign. something a bit more different and intuitive.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
didnt they say end of november though?

They said "before the end of November." So it could mean end of November, but I'm hopeful that them stating it that way instead of just saying "end of November" means they'll release it before the last week of the month.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
iTunes 10 and 9 were released on the first and second Wednesday of the month, respectively. So, maybe today's the day... :p

that would be nice but i doubt it will come out today its only been a week since it got delayed..

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
Going with it being out on either the 14th or 28th. Those are both Wednesdays. Wont be out the week of the 21st due to apple being on vacation.

Last edited:

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
It'll be funny if its released on 30/11/2012 at 23.59...

(Awaits American responses saying I got the date wrong...)

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
there have been a few iTunes releases in the past that happened in November and they have came out around the 14th and 21st :rolleyes:

bwaadass

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2004
UK
My vote is for 28 Nov. Firstly it gives them more time to prepare the software. Secondly Apple will want their engineers to be in the office immediately after the launch (to monitor/fix bugs), and not disappearing off on Thanksgiving holidays.

So much of the Apple ecosystem hangs off iTunes they have to make this launch a success, particularly given the iOS Maps debacle.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My vote is for 28 Nov. Firstly it gives them more time to prepare the software. Secondly Apple will want their engineers to be in the office immediately after the launch (to monitor/fix bugs), and not disappearing off on Thanksgiving holidays.

So much of the Apple ecosystem hangs off iTunes they have to make this launch a success, particularly given the iOS Maps debacle.

This makes sense, although I hope the extra time they're spending means no/few bugs and they won't need to be around the next week since there will be no or few bugs to deal with :D

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
as much as I like the look of the new iTunes (and im getting annoyed its still not been released) I feel like it needs an even bigger redesign. something a bit more different and intuitive.

I'm afraid it will look pretty and be missing many of the features in the current version.

How about burning a CD for your car?
How about backing up to DVDs?
How about a version for Win7 (32bit)? (Or Vista/XP for some people?)
Etc.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
anyone think the itunes store will go down and that will be a sign of release? i ask this because its getting a major redesign and could go down to get updated to the new look.

Osullivan1

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2011
London
iTunes 10 and 9 were released on the first and second Wednesday of the month, respectively. So, maybe today's the day... :p

I don't think they're working to a schedule any more, it will only come out once it's 100% finished - whatever day of the week that is.

They might keep perfecting it until November 30th, just because they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.