Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:28 PM   #1
FHayek
macrumors member

Word files opening in Word or Word Pad, what's up?

All,

I use Parallels 8 to run Windows 7 -32 bit and MS Office 2012.

When I open a Word Doc that was saved with the .doc extension, the file opens in MS Word. When I open a MS Word Doc that has the .docx extension, the doc opens in Word Pad.

When viewing these files in a folder, all of them have the little icon for Word with the Parallel Redlines denoting my use of Parallels 8.

Do I need to associate these files with the doc extension so the open in Word vs. Word Pad?

Any help would be great.

FH
FHayek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:09 PM   #2
TheMTtakeover
macrumors 6502

If you right click on the file there should be an option to select a default program or you can right click and choose open with. I would say more but I only have a Mac accessible to me. Hope this helps
TheMTtakeover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:51 PM   #3
FHayek
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMTtakeover View Post
If you right click on the file there should be an option to select a default program or you can right click and choose open with. I would say more but I only have a Mac accessible to me. Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. I was able to associate all the .docx with MS Word.

FH
FHayek is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac