Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:03 AM   #1
holherns
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Unhappy My I purchase an unlocked iphone5 in the apple store now?

I'd like to buy an unlocked iphone5 so that I can use it in China with Chinese SIM card. I looked up the apple.com, there are still iphone5 with contracts ($199-399).
Have someone already got unlocked iphone5 with full price? Does it work with any nano SIM card like AT&T, T-MOB, VER OR SPRINT?
holherns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:28 AM   #2
BFizzzle
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by holherns View Post
I'd like to buy an unlocked iphone5 so that I can use it in China with Chinese SIM card. I looked up the apple.com, there are still iphone5 with contracts ($199-399).
Have someone already got unlocked iphone5 with full price? Does it work with any nano SIM card like AT&T, T-MOB, VER OR SPRINT?
if there are stores called frys electronics in your location they are selling iphones unlocked off contract
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:13 PM   #3
holherns
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFizzzle View Post
if there are stores called frys electronics in your location they are selling iphones unlocked off contract

I looked up about verizon iphone5. And they said Verizon iphone 5 can use any kinds of cards. May I just go to the apple store to buy the Verizon iphone5 or go to the Verizon to buy an iPhone5? Does it cost $299(32G) plus custom fee or the full price($749)?
holherns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:33 PM   #4
ronanzj
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
YMMV, apple store no longer sell no contract ip5
ronanzj is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Cebuano1976
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Verrado, Buckeye, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by holherns View Post
I looked up about verizon iphone5. And they said Verizon iphone 5 can use any kinds of cards. May I just go to the apple store to buy the Verizon iphone5 or go to the Verizon to buy an iPhone5? Does it cost $299(32G) plus custom fee or the full price($749)?
Fry's has them for $699, $799, & $899. They are all unlocked for all GSM providers.
Cebuano1976 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:06 PM   #6
holherns
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebuano1976 View Post
Fry's has them for $699, $799, & $899. They are all unlocked for all GSM providers.
I should go to Apple Store or Verizon Store to buy it?
holherns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:29 PM   #7
Cuechick
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by holherns View Post
I should go to Apple Store or Verizon Store to buy it?
Neither. "Fry's" is the name of the store you are being directed to.
__________________
Fresh Pie!
Cuechick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:40 PM   #8
max5peru
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Peru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuechick View Post
Neither. "Fry's" is the name of the store you are being directed to.
cant find them there.. there is no link to buy an unlocked one!
max5peru is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Unlocked Message from iTunes - iPhone 5S Unlocked Purchased from Apple Store khhntz iPhone 2 Sep 26, 2013 08:24 AM
Apple unlocked Iphone5 and LTE on AT&T prepaid araje iPhone 8 Dec 25, 2012 08:41 PM
Is Apple Store replacing screens on iPhone5's? macjoshua iPhone 6 Oct 29, 2012 11:24 PM
Do Apple Store replace your iPhone5 black if you get scuffs? M0esmac iPhone 9 Oct 5, 2012 06:43 PM
Buy iPhone5 from Apple Store without Activating There? madman555 iPhone 8 Sep 21, 2012 10:21 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC