Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dk206

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
London
Hi MR (<- keeps reminding me of Magic Resist on L of L XD)

Courier came today to pick up my iPhone 5 (light leakage + static lines) White 32GB.

I placed all the accessories and even the sim removal tool in the box. however I just realised i forgot to wrap the earphones back in that small box!!!!!
It was annoying as hell trying to wrap it back in its original state so I was procrastinating until the very last moment and I completely forgot...:(

Will they reject my refund? or take off the earphones price off the refund?

(hope they go for the latter as I am getting a new iPhone and can have sell off the earpods which come with that.

Thanks

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Hi MR (<- keeps reminding me of Magic Resist on L of L XD)

Courier came today to pick up my iPhone 5 (light leakage + static lines) White 32GB.

I placed all the accessories and even the sim removal tool in the box. however I just realised i forgot to wrap the earphones back in that small box!!!!!
It was annoying as hell trying to wrap it back in its original state so I was procrastinating until the very last moment and I completely forgot...:(

Will they reject my refund? or take off the earphones price off the refund?

(hope they go for the latter as I am getting a new iPhone and can have sell off the earpods which come with that.

Thanks

Nobody knows for sure they just might let you keep it, don't want those germs getting into someone elses ears.

Mythz

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
I returned a phone with no charger cord or headphones was not charged the difference :)

DanielCoffey

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2010
Edinburgh, UK
The Good Karma thing to do is contact customer services and notify them that you have found the earphones and that you will hang on to them in case they want them back.

Be honest though. Chances are they will thank you for calling and tell you to keep them as spares for use with your replacement phone.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
The Good Karma thing to do is contact customer services and notify them that you have found the earphones and that you will hang on to them in case they want them back.

Be honest though. Chances are they will thank you for calling and tell you to keep them as spares for use with your replacement phone.

Yep I did this with an online grocery order when they sent through a £18 bottle of spirits I hadn't ordered. There was no way they would have known but I would have felt guilty! They said to keep it and thanked me for my honesty. I went away with a warm feeling inside(and no not from the alcohol lol)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't think it matters because they probably would toss them if they were used or appeared to have been used.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I can't honestly see them rejecting your refund over this..

I guess you'll just have to wait and see. I wouldn't worry about it though.

jayenh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2008
I don't think it matters because they probably would toss them if they were used or appeared to have been used.

This, although what I think they are expecting people to do (with brand new sealed box replacements until they get white box refurbs) is put the brand new accessories in your old box and send your old phone back with them, keep the new phone and your old (used) accessories. Depends what they asked you to do on the phone, a friend claims they didn't want any accessories back. They told him he would receive a full retail box for his replacement but they would only want his phone back so he got a second pair of ear buds and a second charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.