Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevelam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
I need an extension or app that can take high res screen shots of regions of websites (including stuff below the initial fold, etc) preferably using Google chrome. I own the 15" rmbp.

Chrome has tons of these types of website screenshot extensions but none seem to capture at high res. Obviously images will look blurred depending on the site but I still need this functionality.

I could just manually take screenshots with the regular OSX ctrl-shift-4 etc which does take high res screenshots but that means I would also have to manually scroll a site and continuously capture then piece them all together.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
thanks. just tested and unfortunately it doesnt do what i need. it can only load up initial states of sites. i need to be able to log in to a site and work from there etc.
What do you mean? You can use it to capture any web page that you're viewing.

stevelam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
What do you mean? You can use it to capture any web page that you're viewing.

At first i thought i couldn't interact with the page i'm loading up but then i see the "interact with web view" option so thats good.

Anyway heres an example: I want to be able to capture high res shots of a users facebook timeline. The timeline is dynamic since you have to scroll to the bottom first before more content loads onto the page.

In papparazi, it seems to have a very primitive web viewer. When I scroll down the facebook page by using the 'interact with web view' option, the web viewer just closes instead of properly loading in new content. If theres a way for paparazzi to directly capture shots from my actual browser instead of its built-in window that would be ideal. (If theres a way to do that I don't know how to yet)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.