Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:26 PM   #1
rodolfo7171
macrumors newbie

Help Migrate bootcamp partition to rMBP

ok guys I know Im new to these forums but trust me. not new to how this works. I tried the search bar and couldnt really find much.

So here goes. the screen on my mid 2009 MBP died a few days ago so I went out and bought a base model 15' rMBP and an external sata case for and took the hard drive out of my old mac and got started trasfering stuff.

The good thing is that when I restart my rMBP and hold option I can see my old mac hd and bootcamp partions via usb and i can boot into both.

The problem is that i get a BSOD when windows 7 loading screen is up.

I already have my partition set up which i did through boot camp and was just going to use winclone to copy my windows partition from my old drive to the ssd on the rMBP but i dont see the point in wasting time doing that if it will not boot fully no matter what I do and i really dont want to flat out do a clean install because i dont want to have to reinstall all of my software and have to resetup and personalize all my software.
rodolfo7171 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 05:56 PM   #2
rodolfo7171
macrumors newbie

only thing i could find

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0 thats a link to the only other problem similar i could find
rodolfo7171 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac